Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Carnelian Legacy
This topic is about The Carnelian Legacy
Book Issues > Please add orphan ASIN version to my books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheryl Koevoet | 9 comments The Kindle version of my book, The Carnelian Legacy, was removed from Amazon for some months, and when it appeared again, it suddenly had a new ASIN number: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Goodreads has now added this "new" version of my book under an orphan profile, but despite all attempts at trying to update the old ASIN or import the new version, I cannot import the book. (Yes, I have read the section for librarians on Goodread's new policy on new/old ISBN and ASIN numbers and tried to follow the steps but nothing works.) Would another librarian please be so kind as to bring in ASIN B0791YVFBT under my already-established author profile? (The old ASIN listing in my author profile is a dead link.) Thank YOU!!

message 2: by Olivia (last edited Jul 01, 2018 11:53AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Cheryl,
please do not attempt to replace an ASIN with the new one, as doing so would be against Goodreads policy.
ASIN is an equivalent of ISBN number, so edition with new ASIN would be considered a new edition. The old one should stay listed on Goodreads separately.

I brought the new edition to your profile, and combined it with the other ones.

Cheryl Koevoet | 9 comments Thank you so much Olivia -- I really appreciate it!