Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1)
This topic is about The Way We Fall
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Way We Fall (Fallen World #1) by Megan Crewe → Start Date: August 9th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Please join Rachel and I if you can!

Rachel Gunter Looking forward to reading this :)

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments me too!!! I've had it on my list for a while and just haven't gotten around to it! :D I think it's going to be a good one!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments oh I so want to join. I have jad this one from the library for weeks.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I hope you can Mandiann!!!! Fingers crossed!! :D

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments It's due on 8/19 so I am in!!!

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YAY!!!! I can't wait to start!! Welcome aboard Mandiann!!

Rachel Gunter You guys starting this today? :)

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments YES!!! I'm so excited!! I have some running around to do and then I'll start! I can't wait!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I am disassembling my deck today (so it can be reassembled in a new location) and will be mostly able to listen to audiobooks. May not get to this today but will try to at least get a few chapters in this evening after it becomes dark.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yikes! that sounds complex!!! I hope everything goes well!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments So far so good. Everything is completely taken apart. Let`s see how the rebuild goes.

I actually got through part one, Symptoms. I am really liking it so far but I am so worried about (view spoiler)

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I'm done with Symptoms:

Kaelyn (view spoiler)

watching it all go down (view spoiler)

Brother (view spoiler)

Spread (view spoiler)

but (view spoiler)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I haven't had a chance to read any more yet....not so great??

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 11, 2014 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Ugh, OMG I'm so sorry, I've been running around and forgot to update!!

It was good, actually, pretty good.

I'm actually excited to read book 2
it just....it's a pretty simplified apocalypse but I did like it that way - nice and simple. I think if it had been more horrific, it would have been Adult

Don't get me wrong. this plague is BAD....bad bad bad. and the people get bad
but it's through Kaelyn's eyes and she's pretty naive and so innocent, so she misses at a lot that we catch.....

Brother (view spoiler)

Tessa (view spoiler)

Leo (view spoiler)

The Island (view spoiler)

dad (view spoiler)

It was good! I can't wait to see what you think!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments Sorry, it has been a hectic week and therefore bad for reading. I still haven't had a chance to start part two.

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments No worries. Just get to it when you can :)
I hope things calm down soon

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I am at November 18th ( in mortality). Do you know where this is supposed to be set?

I suspect somewhere in Canada because the refers to Ottawa and Halifax not US cities like Manhattan and New Jersey. But then the journal entry has the US spelling of a work instead of the Canadian and I begin to doubt my conclusion (ex. harbor instead of harbour).

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I thought it was Canada too! Because it talks about going to the states...isn't that where everyone was thinking of hopping?

Hmmm....that's true. it doesn't have the correct spellings .I totally didn't catch that!! I think I just assumed.

Rachel Gunter I wasn't sure either, so I just went with them living in one or the other haha

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I just finished. I was good and I also cannot wait to see what happened to the rest of the world.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Mandiann wrote: "I just finished. I was good and I also cannot wait to see what happened to the rest of the world."

yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it Mandiann!!!

let us know when you want to continue the series!! WOOHOO!

Rachel Gunter I'll definitely be up for reading the next book :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments Me too!

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! When do you guys want to start it??? I can make the new thread :D

Rachel Gunter I've got a few buddy reads on at the moment, sometime near the end of the month or September would be best for me :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments September works for me.

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments how's sept 4th or 5th??

Rachel Gunter Either of those work for me :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments sounds good

message 31: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay!!

Thread for book 2 is here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...