Arie's World discussion

Reality (The Arie Chronicles #1)
This topic is about Reality

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dani Hart (authordanihart) | 68 comments Mod
This is the thread for the chapter 2 discussion. I'll post later today. xo

message 2: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma (emzy95) | 4 comments I couldnt help but cry in chapter two it was so emotional! I really want to find out why aries life is like this!

This was a pretty difficult chapter for me to write. This is when I really got into the emotions behind the "what if" of losing my mom. It was also one of my favorite chapters because of the visual imagery I started creating for Arie's world. I know some readers don't like a lot of visual description and want to just get to the meat of the story, but in fantasy it's really important to build trust with the readers, so they really believe in the world you are creating. This book is heavy on the imagery, whereas book 2 has a little less because the world has been established.

Emma, I wanted to take readers on a journey of discovery with Arie, so the readers find out what Arie is along with her.

Sherry Saylor (sherrysaylor) | 12 comments I didn't cry like Emma in chapter 2 but, I certainly could relate to the building emotion and loss. The question this brought to mind for me was how much of you/ your own emotions and feelings about what your BFF was going through did you incorporate into this chapter?

Casey (boogiesmommy) | 1 comments The imagery and emotions are beautiful.

message 6: by Louisa (new) - added it

Louisa | 30 comments Yes it was an emotional chapter. I think I did cry a little

Sherry wrote: "I didn't cry like Emma in chapter 2 but, I certainly could relate to the building emotion and loss. The question this brought to mind for me was how much of you/ your own emotions and feelings abou..."

Sherry, it wasn't so much what my BFF was going through because she is quiet and a very strong person so she didn't share as much as she probably should have, but it was more about the feelings it elicited in me. My mom and I have a complicated relationship, but death is a finality that breaks anyone's heart regardless of complications.

Casey wrote: "The imagery and emotions are beautiful."

Casey: People who don't read fantasy aren't used to the detailed visual imagery and it can be a bit much for them, so I'm glad you liked it. Creating fantasy worlds takes imagination and creativity. If the author doesn't set up the world appropriately the suspension of disbelief is lost and makes the story "unbelievable". I know it's fiction, but that's a common mistake authors make. They fail with the suspension of disbelief, which is why some readers will say it's "unbelievable". In most cases, the author failed the reader.

Louisa wrote: "Yes it was an emotional chapter. I think I did cry a little"

Louisa you aren't the only one. ;-)