Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #1)
This topic is about Just Like Heaven
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Quinn, Julia-- Just Like Heaven informal buddy read starts June 30, 2018

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31616 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments In for Team Draco. I love Julia Quinn so much.

Laura | 3927 comments Team Tom Riddle. I started this one during Quidditch and finished yesterday. I’ll be back to comment in a bit.

message 6: by Karishma (new) - added it

Karishma (karishmanewar) I'm in for Team Tonks.

Suzanne | 4268 comments I'd like to read this one too - I have it on audio, and have one audio book to finish first, but yes - I was happy to see this as a group read.

Laura | 3927 comments Suzanne, how many BRs are we in together right now? :)

Suzanne | 4268 comments It feels like we are both trying to do all the BRs Laura!

Annalisa | 1365 comments Id like to read this one too. I've got way to many Buddy Reads right now.

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments I really love Honoria. When I first started reading I wasn't sure how much I was going to like her, but as the book went on I really came to love her.

Same for her mother. I'll spoiler just in case. (maybe about the halfway point for this part)
(view spoiler)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments Also, having sat through many Smythe-Smith musicales in the Bridgerton books, I love getting a "behind the scenes" glimpse into the girls' thoughts and participation.

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments Annalisa wrote: "Id like to read this one too. I've got way to many Buddy Reads right now."

Annalisa, if you read it a bit later I'll still come back to chat. I adore Julia Quinn.

Laura | 3927 comments Michelle wrote: "Also, having sat through many Smythe-Smith musicales in the Bridgerton books, I love getting a "behind the scenes" glimpse into the girls' thoughts and participation."

I haven't read the Bridgerton books yet, but I did read A Night Like This before. It was interesting to see the overlapping events from the end of Heaven one and the beginning of Night.

I loved Honoria! But I do have to say that (view spoiler)

Laura | 3927 comments Michelle wrote: "I really love Honoria. When I first started reading I wasn't sure how much I was going to like her, but as the book went on I really came to love her.

Same for her mother. I'll spoiler just in cas..."

I agree! So glad her mother stepped up!

Laura | 3927 comments Michelle wrote: "Annalisa wrote: "Id like to read this one too. I've got way to many Buddy Reads right now."

Annalisa, if you read it a bit later I'll still come back to chat. I adore Julia Quinn."

I'll be here, too! And looks like there's still a few people who haven't started/finished yet.

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments Laura, I completely agree. But I think it was exactly what you said - their long-standing relationship helped her to understand him.

message 18: by Annalisa (last edited Jul 04, 2018 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Annalisa | 1365 comments Good to know there will still be others to chat with when I start. I've read mix of Julia Quinn books and really enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to seeing the performances others have disliked so much from the performers perspective.

Annalisa | 1365 comments I'm very bad at reading these books slow. I sit down and read them cover to cover. This was not an exception.

(view spoiler)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments Annalise, the Bridgertons are my all time favorite historical romance series. I love them!

Annalisa | 1365 comments Michelle wrote: "Annalise, the Bridgertons are my all time favorite historical romance series. I love them!"

I just realized I've only read one of the Bridgertons novels. I really thought I'd read more. It was the Rokebys that I've been really enjoying. I also liked the Splendid series and Bevelstoke is where I think I first say the Smythe-Smith performance. I like how all of her books are connected. I need to go back and finish the Bridgertons series.

Suzanne | 4268 comments I'm sure i'll finish this one tomorrow. I really loved seeing the other side of the Smythe-Smith evenings. We've encountered them in pretty much every Julia Quinn book, and so that made it extra funny. Now some mild spoilers for the whole book (since I'm fairly close to the end).

(view spoiler)

Suzanne | 4268 comments Oh and it was fun seeing (view spoiler)

Michelle (govmarley) | 3115 comments I loved those brief cameos, too, Suzanne!

message 25: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I love re-reading and seeing old characters that I love. Out of all the books in this series, Daniel's story is my favorite.
I loved the cameos. I forgot since it's been several years I read it, that this one takes place before Colin's book.
I also enjoyed seeing the other side to the musicals. At least Honoria knows how horrible she plays and wants to do the musicals for family and tradition.

Suzanne | 4268 comments I agree - I love Honoria's reasons for doing the musicals. And they seem to have fun practicing and stuff.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Just Like Heaven (other topics)
A Night Like This (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Julia Quinn (other topics)