The Challenge Factory discussion

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
This topic is about The Knife of Never Letting Go
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Kristin & Runell - The Knife of Never Letting Go

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16210 comments Mod
Kristin & Runnell will be reading The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives.

But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I just started the book! :D

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I just read the first 6 chapters and am really enjoying it so far - although it took me a little while at the beginning to get a feel for the book and the characters. A lot of odd/made up words used... I've chuckled quite a few times - love the doggy!

Let me know when you get to this point as I'll set it aside for awhile.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Let me know if it gets any better for you!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments How are you getting on with this one?
I have the 3rd one to read in the series, I ♡ Manchee

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I just finished the first section and once I figured out what was going on, I was really enjoying it! I set it aside so I didn't get too far ahead. Runell just started it but is not past all the beginning weirdness yet - like their terminology and weird town set up and politics.

I'm listening to this on audio (surprise!) and I think they do a really fantastic job with the "noise" and dog-thoughts... Wondered if it's harder to understand in the book?

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yeah I thought that, loved the audio, I laughed out loud a few times, especially when Manchee tells you how good his poo was lol

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Manchee is my favorite!!!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Hey Runell - I'm up to chapter 9 now. I'm really liking it!

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 13
(view spoiler)

Curious if you've gotten any further in the book and if it's starting to come together for you yet?

message 12: by K~Terror (last edited Aug 17, 2014 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 18
(view spoiler)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments How are you liking the book?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm REALLY enjoying it! It's a lot different than the other books I've read... finding it hard to put it down but am trying to pace myself and savor. :)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm not quite half way through the story.

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I know I found that, it's completely different to all of the books I've read, but I loved it, the 2nd one is really good too.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I bet I will be reading the next one too!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Let me know when you have read it, I've got the last one to read but I'll wait and we can BR it together if you like :•D

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Sounds great!! :)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Vicci - Did you notice the audio books are cheaper than the kindle? I rarely see that happen. (And there is a free prequel on audio - Woo! Woo!)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Noo haven't seen the prequel! !

message 22: by Runell (last edited Aug 17, 2014 09:04PM) (new)

Runell I finally just got done with the first part and I'm only stopping now so I can write this because . . . WTF? Sooo confusing, but sooo good, though when Cillian and Ben where trying to tell Todd to just trust them and he was being an ass (though it's kind of understandable as to why he was acting like one), I really just wanted to slap him and tell him to get with the program!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LOL! I know it - thought the same exact thing!!

message 24: by Runell (last edited Aug 17, 2014 09:04PM) (new)

Runell Dude. Why won't Aaron (view spoiler)?!?!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments That man is the devil, right?!

Wow. You are movin & groovin!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 22

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 28

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Chapter 35

(view spoiler).

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I'm going to have to put it aside again for a bit.
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ok - I'm laughing!

Apparently I renamed Manchee "Mangee". Haha!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Oh Boy.... So I picked the book back up and started reading last night... the pace of the end of the book was such that I realized it was 2AM in the morning when I "accidentally" finished it!

(view spoiler)

Anyway - I'm really sorry I sped through the ending last night. I was really trying hard to pace myself but I just got so caught up in the story and since no one is up at midnight, it was very peaceful reading time for me and I just couldn't control myself...

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments How good is the ending of this book?!?!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments I was wide awake at 2AM finishing it if that tells you anything?!!! LOL! I downloaded the next book and am trying to figure out how soon I can squeeze it in because I'm left out here hanging!!!!

Uh, needless to say, I think I'll be ready for Book-3 by September 1st if you wanna buddy read?!!!

If I haven't scared Runell off with my inability to properly pace myself, she may want to join us too.. :)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments lol yeah I have it here ready to go so let me know when, I have 2 or 3 other BR with Ezi so I'll have to see when we are doing them.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Sounds good!

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments We're reading Graceling Jane's Melody and Carter Reed if you have them and fancy joining us? and if you haven't read them obviously lol.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Oooooohhh... I have Carter Reed in my wish list - would be tempted to join you & Ezi on that one

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments I'll let you know when we are reading it x

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments ★★★★
Hey Runell - Not to be a stalker, but just wanted to check in on you and see how you were enjoying the book & to say hey!
★★★★