THE Group for Authors! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General Discussion > Someone rated my book...and it's not out yet and they're not one of my Advance Readers.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 291 comments Sam, this doesn't seem possible. Certainly not allowable. Where is the rating showing up?

message 3: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Sam, if you have concerns about a specific rating, please feel welcome to email us at support (at) goodreads (dot) com with the above information, as well as a link to the review in question. We review these reports on a case-by-case basis.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Swicegood (samswicegood) | 2 comments Jaclyn wrote: "Sam, if you have concerns about a specific rating, please feel welcome to email us at support (at) goodreads (dot) com with the above information, as well as a link to the review in question. We re..."

I appreciate it. It'm new to goodreads and I'm not wanting to step on toes. Mostly I'm just trying to figure out how these things work :)

message 5: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (last edited Jul 03, 2018 05:10PM) (new)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 137 comments Could be a friend of someone who had an advance copy. Could be an excitement rating. (And some people use 1 star as the top rating.)

message 6: by Mellie (new)

Mellie (mellie42) | 630 comments Some GR members use ratings as a personal indicator of their excitement for the book or to rate where it is in their TBR pile.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam Swicegood (samswicegood) | 2 comments A.W. wrote: "Some GR members use ratings as a personal indicator of their excitement for the book or to rate where it is in their TBR pile."

Interesting! Learn something new every day.

message 8: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments As this thread has served its purpose, I'll be closing it to further comments. 😊

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.