Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Is this a proper format?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Millington | 163 comments I've just come across eBook Kindle as a format which looks to have been imported by an Amazon bot.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Is this a valid format? And, if it isn't, do I change it to ebook or kindle?

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11545 comments That is indeed not a really correct format. The format should be ebook, as it has an ISBN. Although there could be editions where the ISBN is not used outside Amazon, but searching for this ISBN made clear it is used at other places than Amazon.

message 3: by lethe (last edited Jun 30, 2018 08:52AM) (new)

lethe | 14871 comments Renske wrote: "That is indeed not a really correct format. The format should be ebook, as it has an ISBN. Although there could be editions where the ISBN is not used outside Amazon, but searching for this ISBN ma..."

But if it was imported by an Amazon bot, the format should be Kindle, and a new edition added for the ebook (since Amazon does not sell ebooks).

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7166 comments That might be one of those editions that had an import with both ISBN and ASIN. I don't remember how to fix that. I think Rivka fixed one recently.

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22184 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "That might be one of those editions that had an import with both ISBN and ASIN. I don't remember how to fix that. I think Rivka fixed one recently."

This one isn't. The ones that are have an isbn13 on the book page, and an ASIN on the edit page. The linked edition has an isbn on both the book page and the edit page.