Why Christianity? discussion

Minor topics > You're saved, why worry?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments I'm in between writing books, retired, and post here in my spare time for fun and to poke fun. As a scientist, I learn more every day; my religious stance hasn't altered in at least 10 years. However, both liberal Christians and Fundamentalists have become more strident, with even less tenable doctrine than a decade ago. So, I chide them. Christ, presumably, is with everyone on this Board - that's what matters! Our discussions are just fodder for thought, with no one having a monopoly on truth. Even the scientific "laws" I'm beholden to have little effect on my daily life. Man is just a passing fancy -enjoy the show!

message 2: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
As a theologian, I learn more everyday.

Many falsely assume they are saved based on a lack of investigation.

Matthew 7
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

And here we are to hopefully discuss and clarify The Will of Jesus Father in heaven.

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Rod - I think what you mean is that science is beyond you so you are forced to dabble in the Arts.

message 4: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
Please define your incredibly limited definition of science so we can understand why you think so highly of your enlightenment. (And so little of your Christianity).

I try to be on your side buddy, and occasionally defend you: but your being an ASS.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Yes Rod - I am being an ASS, but you don't know anything about my Christianity so your assertion is even more asinine! Christ is foremost in my worship while he just shares space with all the other Bible characters in your devotion. He's probably even behind some of your current commentators. I'm sorry you can't concentrate on the miracle of the Cross but, I suppose for you to be truly righteous, you have to spread the flattery around.