What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED!: I thought it was called Faeries [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micki (new)

Micki Aaserud (mickiaa) | 3 comments Hello everyone!I stumbled onto this group and thought I'd post my "forgotten book" also.

This is a book I got from the library about 15 years ago. I remember really enjoying it. I could have sworn it was called Faeries but when I search Amazon and goodreads nothing comes up that makes me think of the book.

I think the cover was green maybe even had leaves on it. It was set in perhaps Scotland or somewhere in the United Kingdom and of course heavy on the legends of "little people and fae kind. It seems like these little faeries were evil. I remember an old man sitting at a work bench and these little people were there. Don't remember if he was killed or not. But I do think it was listed as horror.

Can ya help me out?

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Could it be Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist? I only read part of that as a kid (I think it was an adult book) and don't really remember the story, but I remember it was too scary for me so it may have been horror. I think there is a family that moves somewhere by woods that turn out of have evil fairies in them.

message 4: by Micki (new)

Micki Aaserud (mickiaa) | 3 comments Miriam, That's it!!

When I read the reviews on Faerie Tale by Raymond Feist I found this:

FAERIE TALE (Suspense/Fantasy-Hasting Family-Pennsylvania-Cont) – VG
Feist, Raymond, E. –Standalone
Doubleday, 1988, US Hardcover – ISBN: 9780385236232
First Sentence: Barney Doyle sat at his cluttered workbench, attempting to fix Olaf Andersen’s ancient power mower for the fourth time in seven years.

There's the workbench and the old guy in the first sentence that I mentioned in my post!

It's all coming back to me now, and YES it was scary. I don't read alot of horror really, but something about this book always stuck with me.

Thank you so much!

message 5: by Micki (new)

Micki Aaserud (mickiaa) | 3 comments Thank you too Jackie, even though that wasn't the book I've added it to my "to-read" shelf. It looks interesting.