What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Dreaming Jewels
This topic is about The Dreaming Jewels
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. sci-fi boy who eats ants, joins circus, has doll with crystal eyes [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D'Michelle (new)

D'Michelle Ferrier | 2 comments trying to find the name of a book I read about 20 years ago, thought it was by Harlan Ellison but couldn't find it in his bibliography. About a strange boy who joins a circus, has a doll with crystal eyes. The eyes may be aliens that have replaced him cell by cell. he has a formic acid deficiency that makes him eat ants.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments The Dreaming Jewels?

If the part about the eyes is spoiler, you should edit your post to include some warning - as to not spoil the book for other people.

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments Definitely the Dreaming Jewels by Theodore Sturgeon

message 4: by Bargle (new) - added it

Bargle | 1387 comments Ayshe wrote: "The Dreaming Jewels?

If the part about the eyes is spoiler, you should edit your post to include some warning - as to not spoil the book for other people."

AKA "The Synthetic Man" in case the OP doesn't recognize the original title.

message 5: by D'Michelle (new)

D'Michelle Ferrier | 2 comments Andy wrote: "Definitely the Dreaming Jewels by Theodore Sturgeon"

Yes. That's it. Thank you.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments Glad you found your book. I liked The Dreaming Jewels very much

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments So, is the part about the eyes spoiler? I'd like there to be some warning for potential readers, if so.