What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1)
This topic is about The Shadow of the Wind
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book about a secret book [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new) - added it

Tom Gleason | 2 comments I started reading a book, probably in a used book store. I thought it was written by Carlos Fuentes, but it may have been by another Mexican or South American author. My recollection is that the book told the story of a young man who enters a village and either finds or is given a book that holds secrets. It seemed intriguing, and I wanted to read it later. If I purchased it, I seem to have misplaced it. It doesn't seem to be any of the books by Fuentes that I purchased.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments Sounds a little bit like The Shadow of the Wind but the author Carlos Ruiz Zafon is Spanish, not South American.

message 3: by Tom (new) - added it

Tom Gleason | 2 comments Rachel wrote: "Sounds a little bit like The Shadow of the Wind but the author Carlos Ruiz Zafon is Spanish, not South American."

Thank you, Rachel!!! That's it! It's been so long since I read the first few pages, that I could only recall the vague idea. But as I reread those pages, I remembered. It seems ironic that it's a book I've been trying to find again for five or six years.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
That's been a popular one Tom. You were the fourth person to try to find it, so it must be good if it's stuck in that many people's minds.