Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > replace old version of book cover

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Royer (danielroyer69yahoocom) | 9 comments I've contacted Phil, which originally helped me out. I had thought the issue was taken care of. Then I had a review taken and when I went to look at the review on Goodreads, it was linked to the old book cover. I followed Phil's instructions and combined the editons, but it apparently did not work. Here's the link https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Thank you for your time.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Goodreads policy is not to change, or remove, covers on books that have already been published.

You can set the default edition of your book by following the instructions here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I hope this helps with your issue.

message 3: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Daniel. You need to take ownership of your Author Profile before you can do the step above.

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Royer (danielroyer69yahoocom) | 9 comments How do I take ownership? I've been to my profile page and there's nothing there to prove my ownership. I'm signed in, so wouldn't that prove ownership? Amanda, I tried going "edit details" which took me to Secrets of the Egoles' Nest>Show Metadata and a button that prompts you to answer more questions about my book.

message 5: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Go to this page Daniel B. Royer.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find where it says "Is this you? Let us know." and Click the "Let Us Know" Link.

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Royer (danielroyer69yahoocom) | 9 comments Hi Philip. Okay I've successfully took ownership, but now I need to set the correct book as default. I've followed the link that was suggested, but again, it takes me to the page Secrets of the Egoles' Nest>Show Metadata. Unless I'm on the wrong page, there is no "edit" button that stands alone. The closest I see is "edit details" taking me to the page I mentioned above. Thank you for your patients.

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments It may take a few days for it to take affect. You will get an email confirmation when you account has been upgraded.

message 8: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Aug 02, 2014 08:11PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Sometimes a "few days" = "a few business days" because not all goodreads staff work 24/7 on the weekend.

Even before that takes effect, all combined editions should show the exact same reviews/ratings (some of which will note that it's for a different edition but all should show in all editions).