so you like YA?! discussion

Archives > Partials by Dan Wells - starting 14th August

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Sarah and I will be reading this in august, anyone is welcome to join :)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Can't wait!!! :D

message 3: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Yes! Ah so excited

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hey how much of this are we reading a day? :) Do you mind if we read 2 chapters a day until I catch up on Breathe. If that's alright :)

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Yeah that's fine no problem :)

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Great!! :)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Chapter 1 and 2 :)

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter I've read up to the start of chapter 7 so far, haven't read today's chapters yet, enjoying it so far! (view spoiler)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I'm only on Chapter 5 :p But I love it so far too :)

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I haven't read any more of Partials yet. I've been really busy with supervising a summer camp and then getting ready for the debs and there's a readathon this week and I didn't plan Partials for it. So I'm going to continue this starting Monday if that's ok :)

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Yeah that's fine, I'm behind anyway :/ I've got a couple of books I could do with catching up on anyway so I'll stick to them till Monday too :)

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Thanks :)

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Yep :) we're just taking it slow haha

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Ok thank you! :)

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Have are you going Rachel?? :) Have you read any more of this? :)

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Only a couple more chapters I'm afraid, slowly plodding on haha you?

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Same :p So how far should we both go up to tomorrow? :) And we'll gwt this back on track :p

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter What chapter are you up to now? :)

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Chapter 8 :)

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Ok well how about we try and do 3 chapters a day? So get up to chapter 15 tomorrow? Or do you want to get through more?

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Oops I meant up to chapter 11 haha

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ya let's leave it with that :p

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Great :) hopefully we'll get back in track with this!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ya hopefully :)

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ahhhh I still haven't got back to this and I don't know why because I was really enjoying it!!!

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter I got through another chapter or two but that's it... I think I'm going to put this book on hold for a while, maybe come back to it later and try again

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ya I think I might do the same. Will we close this buddy read and maybe we could read a different book instead :)

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Yeah we could definitely read another book if you wanted :)

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Great!! We have Resist coming up on the 15th :) So would you like to read a book before or after that? :p

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Yeah, I've ordered my copy of that so that should arrive before the 15th :) I don't mind, I can fit one in before if you want or we can wait :)

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah What would you like to read? :)

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter Hmm I'm not sure, are there any books you really want to read at the moment? Haha

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I still have to read Throne of Glass, if you want to read that one :)

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter I'm actually meant to be starting a buddy read for that tomorrow in the crazy for young adult books group, if you were able to start it then you could join us? Or we could set up our own thread here and I can discuss it with you separately?

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oh class!!! I'll join in on that one :) I'll have to find the group first though :p