Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Captcha verification when adding new entries

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jens (new)

Jens Raab | 74 comments I've added a few books and/or editions in the past days and whenever I do this I'm asked to solve a captcha task.
If this worked well, I wouldn't have an issue with it but these captcha verifications notoriously don't work well.
I've just spent 7 (!) minutes solving one captcha after another, only to be asked again to prove that I'm "not a robot" in order to add one single entry.
While this was a record, I think (I've been asked to prove my non-robotness four times, each with half a dozen iterations of "captcha puzzles"), I'm sick of this, to say it bluntly.
There are a good number of books / editions I have on my list that are missing from GR but I'm not willing to spend hours in order to add two dozen books.
Is this normal? Am I the only one with this problem?
Can this be changed in a useful way?

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5883 comments Jens wrote: "I've added a few books and/or editions in the past days and whenever I do this I'm asked to solve a captcha task.
If this worked well, I wouldn't have an issue with it but these captcha verificatio..."

Hi Jens. Goodreads librarians are volunteers. We can't help with issues of site functionality. You would be best to post this in Feedback, in the Suggestions & Questions folder.

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.