2022 Reading Challenge discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
ARCHIVE 2014 > A Game of Thrones: Prologue through Chapter 17 (Contains Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (last edited Aug 05, 2014 09:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments This thread is to discuss the beginning through chapter 17. There's no need to mark spoilers in this thread.

This section covers the following chapters:
0 Prologue
1 Bran I
2 Catelyn I
3 Daenerys I
4 Eddard I
5 Jon I
6 Catelyn II
7 Arya I
8 Bran II
9 Tyrion I
10 Jon II
11 Daenerys II
12 Eddard II
13 Tyrion II
14 Catelyn III
15 Sansa I
16 Eddard III
17 Bran III

Through pages (varied by versions):
134 (US Hardcover)
160 (US Paperback)
154 (UK Paperback)
3041 (Kindle)
162 (EPUB)

Albany (albanycarmona) I've already seen the series and I've gotta admit I'm surprised how well they managed to translate the written story to TV. I know R. R. Martin helped with the screenplay but even the look of the actors is accurate. I'm loving it so far and my favorite part was probably Bran's thoughts as he's falling and you realize this boy is pretty special, since he can see things that he shouldn't be able to.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Swift | 18 comments Wow, what a coincidence - I just started reading Game of Thrones! I would love to participate in this reading group and can't wait to get caught up.

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 219 comments Albany wrote: "I've already seen the series and I've gotta admit I'm surprised how well they managed to translate the written story to TV. I know R. R. Martin helped with the screenplay but even the look of the a..."

I like the thoughts of what happen to Bran as well Albany and it makes me feel really bad for Bran too.

Kathleen Alexander | 159 comments I have to admit I have never watched the HBO series at all but I am really enjoying the book. I am about 3/4 of the way through. My 2 fav characters are Bran and Jon...very interested to see what happens with them both!

Maria (marialuc) | 33 comments I have never seen the series but after I read the book I will certainly see it. My favorite characters so far are Jon, Bran,and Ayra.

Kara (karaayako) | 3978 comments I watched the first episode of the series--I meant to continue with it, but I figured I should read the book first. So this group read came at a great time for me. :)

message 8: by Maria (last edited Aug 18, 2014 11:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maria (marialuc) | 33 comments I finished Game of Thrones. It was exciting. The only problem I have with it is that now I have to read the next one to see what happens.

Albany (albanycarmona) Maria: the good thing is that if you liked the first book, you will also enjoy all the others. You also get to witness how all the characters change and become more mature and complex.

Canadian Dragon  | 879 comments I have to laugh I have already read the book prior but kept seeing everyone's comments about the show. So I ran and grabbed the season 1 and it is excellent really like the book.

Canadian Dragon  | 879 comments I completely agree with wanting to read the rest of the series I am hinting heavily at my husband to but me the books for Christmas

Maria (marialuc) | 33 comments Albany, thanks I am looking forward to the rest of the series.