What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Escape from Russia
This topic is about Escape from Russia
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Memoir/biography about a Polish boy who is sent to camps in Siberia during World War 2. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 4 comments I read this book when my dad brought it home from work, in either 2015 or 2016. I think the book was published in 2013, but I could be wrong. From what I remember, the book is about a young polish boy who is sent to a Siberian work camp with his family. I don't remember his name, but I do know he had a little brother or sister named Edek. (the rest from here is pretty much spoilers) after the family is released (or they might have escaped) from the camps, they travel to another country. I dont remember which one but I think it was Kazakhstan. I remember them traveling through the russian cities of Tomsk, Omsk, and Novosibirsk. I dont really remember much from there, but I know the family ended up in Mexico somehow before they were able to arrive in America. I hope this helps! I've been searching for this book for days, so thank you to anyone who is able to offer me and information on what it could be.

message 2: by Kay (new)

Kay | 4 comments Endeavor: One Polish Family's Journey from Siberia to Freedom by Hilary Shew

message 3: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 4 comments Ah, no. I just searched it up and it’s not that one. But I do remember that at the end of the book, they end up somewhere in New York at the end. I believe it was a town in upstate New York, or maybe it was Albany?

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 4 comments Update: I found the book in my closet so I know what it is now, but thanks to those who helped!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Alexis. We're curious, what's the time and author?

message 6: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 4 comments It’s called “Escape From Russia” by Stanley Opalka.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Thanks for the update, Alexis. Here's the link for your book - Escape from Russia by Stanley Opalka.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Escape from Russia (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stanley Opalka (other topics)