David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Chit Chat > Do You Have a Bucket List?

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen’s Library (last edited Aug 02, 2014 10:19AM) (new)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I created a bucket list a long long time ago and since then managed to cross off tons of the items on my list.

Do you have a bucket list? Name a couple of items on your list.

I still want to go on an African safari. And visit Machu Picchu in Peru.

message 3: by Claudette (new)

Claudette Melanson (cmelanson) | 2 comments I want to publish at least 10 of the novels in my head.

I really want to visit Romania some day

message 4: by Karen’s Library (last edited Aug 02, 2014 10:31AM) (new)

Good ones, Claudette!! Are you writing? :)

Edit: Yup, you are! Wonderful goal!

message 5: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments I made a bucket list board on Pinterest some time ago: http://www.pinterest.com/pizzabook/bu...
Most of them are places I want to visit, some book inspired, like Dublin and Prague. I am thinking that many of these will stay bucket list dreams forever, but who knows?

message 6: by Karen’s Library (last edited Aug 02, 2014 11:22AM) (new)

You never know, Lola!! I'm always pinning to my Bucket List board too! Some just cause they're so pretty and some that I WILL get to one day!!

Here's my board. http://www.pinterest.com/luvoceans/bu...

Lola wrote: "I made a bucket list board on Pinterest some time ago: http://www.pinterest.com/pizzabook/bu...
Most of them are places I want to visit, some book inspired, like Dublin and Prague. I am thin..."

Oh, and I follow Laini Taylor and she always pins cool places!

message 8: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 149 comments Ticked off a major one by publishing my stories and getting people out there reading them.

Most of the others are seeing as much of the world as possible. Just need time and money enough to realise it.

Major accomplishment David! And you'll get to your places someday!! :)

message 10: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 149 comments Hope so Karen. So many awesome looking places to visit.

Ticked off Rome last year. Barcelona this year. Hoping to spread beyond Europe at some point.

message 11: by Victoria (last edited Aug 02, 2014 05:15PM) (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments I don't have a bucket list as such. I've got some things I'd like to do and places I'd like to visit, but none of them are things/places I'm desperate to try/visit. There are only two things I'd consider important enough to be my bucket list. One is to move back to Canada (where my hubby is from) and the other I've already achieved since it was to become a published author.

Having said that, these are some of the things I'd like to do:

Go ice skating (been rollerskating and rollerblading, but never ice skating).
Go sledding in the snow.
Do a performance as a storyteller in front of a crowd.
Go to a live basketball game.
Meet some of my online friends.

I'd also like to take up horse riding again if I'm ever in a position to do so.

And I'd like to visit Paris (as in Paris, France) and Egypt, plus would love to go on an African safari and to the Disneyland in Florida. Oh, and I'd also like to go to Stone henge.

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
I do not have a bucket list, but I should probably start one as I have a terrible memory and will likely forget many of the things I want to do LOL Great new thread though, Karen!

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments LOL, David!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) A portion of my ever growing buck list:
-Sky diving
-Go to BEA
-See Obsidian become a movie
-Go to Wimbledon and watch Nadal or Murray play
-Go to and potentially live in Italy
-Talk to cute librarian boy, at least more than the typical "thank yous" after he checks out my books XD

message 15: by Lola (new)

Lola (lolasreviews) | 563 comments @Killian, the Fever series by Karen marie Monign inspired me to go an want to visit Dublin. I've always wanted to visit ireland, but the way Dublin is described in that book made me want to visit that city as well.

And I think every city has it's places you rather avoid, I've always lived close to a mayor city here in the netherlands, it's called The Hague, and while it's a nice city to visit, it also has neighbourhouds I rather avoid. And you should awlays keep an eye on your belonging when there.

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments Killian wrote: "As for my bucket list, I haven't really organised anything in my mind but I do have some ideas.
-I would like to live abroad at some point in my life, maybe Toulouse, London or somewhere in America..."

The guitar is most definitely not easier to play! It might look easier with just strumming, but watch the hand of the guitarist that's up on the guitar's nec and you'll see they aren't just holding it... All the fingering required for the chords is done near the neck, and unless you have quite long fingers can be uncomfortable; especially until you get used to the positions you need to put your fingers in, and how quickly you need to change your hand's position to play a lot of the music. I know this because my brother plays guitar, and despite his best attempts at teaching me - not to mention the fact I actually had a guitar first, but was getting nowhere with figuring out how to play it - all I achieved was hand cramp, where as I managed to learn to play a couple of short tunes on a piano, as well as on both a recorder and a cornet. I'm not very good with any of the three musical instruments I did learn to play, but since I can't even pick outa few decent chords on a guitar... Well, I'm sure you get my point.

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to play the guitar; I wish I could play one! I'm just saying not to assume it's easier, because it's not as easy as it looks!

message 17: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
I don't have an "official" one, I do have a board on Pinterest--but if I made one it would be miles long!

Most of its travel related, but I've always wanted to go zip lining, I want to try river rafting...hmmmm I'm blanking again! Oh, I want to go to the Olympics sometime in my lifetime. We were super excited for awhile, because Chicago almost won the Olympics, but then didn't :( That would have been perfect!

And can you believe I've never been to a Chicago Cubs game? That is seriously a sin in my family! Anytime I've ever been in Chicago, it was either off season or we couldn't squeeze in a game. so that's a big item that needs to be checked off!

You're right, Victoria, about playing the guitar. I tried to learn but just cramped. I'm so non-musical, it's pathetic. But my son is completely opposite. He's self taught on guitar, keyboard, flutes, and whatever else I'd find on my travels to give him. He'd disappear to his room for a day or two, and come out and play my favorite song for me.

Now he just mostly sticks with the guitar and sings.

Ooohhhh, zip lining... That seems like fun! And Jenny, you must go to a game!!

message 20: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments Karen wrote: "You're right, Victoria, about playing the guitar. I tried to learn but just cramped. I'm so non-musical, it's pathetic. But my son is completely opposite. He's self taught on guitar, keyboard, fl..."

WOW! And I thought my brother was good!

message 21: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments Jenny wrote: "I don't have an "official" one, I do have a board on Pinterest--but if I made one it would be miles long!

Most of its travel related, but I've always wanted to go zip lining, I want to try river r..."

I've never been to the Olympics, but the Olympic torch was carried almost right by our house a couple of years ago.

message 22: by Karen’s Library (last edited Aug 04, 2014 11:50PM) (new)

That would be soooo cool, Victoria, to have the torch be so close!!

message 23: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments Karen wrote: "That would be soooo cool, Victoria, to have the torch be so close!!"

It was!

message 24: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments Long fingers will help, I'm sure! Also, if you're looking forward to it no matter how much work it is to learn, then it's all good anyway!

message 25: by Holly (last edited Aug 05, 2014 11:39AM) (new)

Holly Hood (hollyprawnd) | 33 comments I will be checking out all of your pinterest boards!

My bucket list is huge, but here are some of the things on my list.

Get over my fear and get on a plane (this is essential for most of my list!)
Safari in Africa, see the Northern lights, swim with dolphins, swim with sharks, get graded at piano and guitar (I cannot read music, I play by ear), build my own home, holiday in Canada in the winter, go to and graduate from university, sell some of my art work.

These are right at the top of my list.

message 26: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments Great list, Holly!

I spent part of Winter in Canada... So much snow! It was awesome!

Swimming with dolphins would be amazing!

message 27: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 149 comments I've tried teaching myself to play the guitar 3 times. I give up when I've relearned the chords and it doesn't actually sound like music.

message 28: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 4455 comments David wrote: "I've tried teaching myself to play the guitar 3 times. I give up when I've relearned the chords and it doesn't actually sound like music."

Fair enough, LOL!

message 29: by B.B. (new)

B.B. Shepherd (bbshepherd) I have a vague bucket list in my head, but I love the idea of a Pinterest board for it. I'm going to start one! A few of the things I can remember are driving a race car, scuba diving, riding Andalusian horses in Spain, and having my own horse again.

And, as a music teacher and guitarist, I'd say the guitar is technically easier to learn than piano, but not as easy to just plunk out melodies on! :)

message 30: by Daniel (new)

Daniel (pickyreader1) | 1925 comments Tommy- I went to the golf course today to get a round in. I didn't play trash golf- I played TRASHY golf! lol!

message 31: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Aug 05, 2014 04:16PM) (new)

All this talk about pianos and music is making we want to start playing again!

And I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. And the violin :)

message 32: by Kimoya (new)

Kimoya Reads (kimoyareads2) Leave my country
Get a job
Go to school and get degree/Phd
Become a marriage councillor or a relationship expert
Shun 'My family'
Publish 30 Novella
Buy a house
Make friends with old people
Write books about those old people
Travel the world
Learn 3 languages ( Greek, Japanese and French)
And if I don't leave this country in order to complete my list, I'm jump off a building..and die :) my bucket list

message 33: by B.B. (new)

B.B. Shepherd (bbshepherd) Jenny wrote: "All this talk about pianos and music is making we want to start playing again!

And I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. And the violin :)"

Violin is harder!

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 10, 2014 11:46AM) (new)

Not a big on but:
- learn french
- go for a helicopter ride
- stay a weekend in that 6 star hotell(you know the only one in the world)
- travel to egypt,india,scotland,belgium,canada,u.s,iceland.
- go to cool bookshops, like the strand in n.y
- learn some kind of ballroom dance.
thats it,for now at least,might not be a likely list but are any bucket lists?

message 35: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new)

The Strand in NY is on my bucket list! Great one Oda!

message 36: by Karen’s Library (last edited Nov 30, 2014 08:46PM) (new)

Oda wrote: "Not a big on but:
- learn french
- travel to egypt,india,scotland,belgium,canada,u.s,iceland.
-..."

I never thought I'd check off some of the amazing things I've done in my life. You can do anything you set your mind to! :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "Oda wrote: "Not a big on but:
- learn french
- travel to egypt,india,scotland,belgium,canada,u...."

I geuss that is true. I mean I speak spanish so french is within reach for me.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I want to go to Bora Bora.
Also, I'd like to publish more books.
But really I don't have a list, I just want to embrace more adventures. Say "yes" more often.

That's the perfect one, Sarah. Say "yes" more often! :) Love that!

message 40: by Tia (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) | 207 comments -skydiving (I'm doing this in three months :D)
-publish a novel
-travel the world
-graduate college
-fall in love

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2017 01:28AM) (new)

I have added to my list
that I want to see beautiful places in nature, aka niegara falls, igazoo falls(okay waterfalls are so beautiful so thats a big part of it) also caves would be fun to see.
idk if this is a goal or bucket list, but I kinda want to become a big person in the book world. Like if they are going to interview an expert it would be cool if that was me. could be as simple as being named librerian of the year(not sure that prize exsists but still)
- go to comic con
- meet my fave authors(meg cabot, marianne curley, richelle mead, holly smale, derek landy and others)

Great bucket list, Oda!!

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Obsidian (other topics)