What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Light of Other Days
This topic is about The Light of Other Days
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci fi/brothers invent a device that can spy on anyone. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Connie Conine | 40 comments listened to this maybe 15 years ago. at first the device can only see what's happening so they kind of read lips. then they enhance it to grab sound as well as pictures. at the end, one of the brothers has died but was frozen and revived years later.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Connie, is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults?

Can you tell us more about the brothers - their ages, who are their parents, rich/poor, do they work for the government, etc.? Can you give examples of how they use this device?

What's the time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments The Light of Other Days by Baxter and Clarke The Light of Other Days, perhaps?

Connie Conine | 40 comments Light of other days it is, thanks!

message 5: by Bargle (new) - added it

Bargle | 1387 comments Andy wrote: "The Light of Other Days by Baxter and Clarke The Light of Other Days, perhaps?"

Was this expanded from a short story? I remember one with a similar theme. If not, I'll start a new thread for it.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments You might be thinking of "I See You" by Damon Knight I See You

message 7: by Bargle (last edited Jul 22, 2018 03:35PM) (new) - added it

Bargle | 1387 comments Andy wrote: "You might be thinking of "I See You" by Damon Knight I See You"

It's not "I See You", but a review there led me to do some more searching and I found the one I was thinking of. It's "E for Effort" by T.L. Sherred. Thanks for the help.

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2104 comments Glad you found your story - I'll have to look for that one.