Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Author Name Change

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 27, 2018 03:44PM) (new)

Christa Wojciechowski
Christa Wojo
Hello,

I've changed my author name from Christa Wojo to Christa Wojciechowski. I didn't realize that would mean my new books would be catalogued under the two different names. Could someone help me change my name in my profile and make sure all books and editions are under my full name? When I tried to do it myself it said I needed librarian privileges.

Thanks in advance for the help!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45422 comments Mod
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...
For books published under multiple versions of the author's name or published under multiple pseudonyms: The first author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45422 comments Mod
Based on the covers, only one book was published under Christa Wojo. It needs to keep that as the first author, but I added Christa Wojciechowski as the second author. The others all seem to have only be published under Christa Wojciechowski, so I moved them there.

If you wish to claim the second profile, you will need a different account (with a different email address).