The Ultimate Fanpage!!(YA) discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Book Talks > The Mortal Instruments

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kynkynsmc, The peace keeper (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 153 comments Mod
I just started reading this series, has anyone here read it or has seen the movie?

Alma (alma64037) I'm currently reading the fourth book and it's pretty awesome so far :)
I haven't yet seen the movie but I think my friend has it so we're gonna watch it together.

message 3: by Kynkynsmc, The peace keeper (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 153 comments Mod
Cool, yea my mom was going to buy the movie. Maybe we could have a group discussion about it.

Alma (alma64037) Sure. Sounds fun!

message 5: by Juliet, Professional fangirl (new) - rated it 4 stars

Juliet | 321 comments Mod
I'm currently on City of Glass. My book store didn't have it though. I can't wait to read it!

message 6: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve | 7 comments I've all of the series and I loved it.

The fangirl named Kaitlyn  | 1 comments i read all the books and they are really awesome!! but the movie was kind of strange like it didnt really resemble the book.

message 8: by Juliet, Professional fangirl (new) - rated it 4 stars

Juliet | 321 comments Mod
I hated the movie :P The cast was not really how I imagined. I didn't find movie Jace all that attractive, and he isn't as arrogant as he should be. xD Lily was alright as Clary...she didn't stand out. I loved Simon and Izzy in the movie. Alec looked like an adult to me. And Valentine...no, just no.
As for movie, too dark! Plus they left out important stuff! (Simon needs to be a rat!)

R.Grewal (r_grewal) I started the series ages ago, and just couldn't get into it. But now after reading quotes my friends have like on goodreads, the series seems really good, so now I don't know whether to try and read it again :P

message 10: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 26 comments You should. I really liked it. it has a coupled unsatisfactory books, but the good outweighs the bad

Aureanne-Elayne San Nicolas | 2 comments I've read all the books and they automatically became one of my favorite YA series, even though some of the books weren't as good as the others. The movie was a bit of a let down, but most book turned movies are. There's also the Infernal Devices and a couple other series she is coming out with and they all relate to each other.

Sammy46 | 2 comments Right now I'm on the 3rd book

message 13: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve | 7 comments I'm so excited for the next series