W.O.L.F. discussion

Welcome! > A Place For Introductions!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 278 (278 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Hi, everyone! I thought we could use a thread just for introductions. We're a group after all, we might as well get to know each other a little bit. :)

So, let's begin! *Ahem* I'm Dee and I pretty much like most of the sub-genres of fantasy. I enjoy when you have realistic characters in imaginative situations and/or settings. And if it has mythical beasties, all the better!
My favorite authors are George RR Martin and Peter S. Beagle.
Aside from reading, some of my other hobbies are writing, drawing, and cooking/baking, to name a few.
If I'm not reading fantasy books, I usually read informational texts on a variety of subjects such as: mythical creatures/folklore, history, true crime, and plants and animals.

Well, there's my introduction! Looking forward to reading all of yours!

Cupcakes & Machetes (hybridcreature) *waves*
Hi, I'm Ashleigh. I created my goodreads account while really tired and didn't realize I just used my first name instead of making an actual username lol. Oh well.
I'm a reading fiend. As my best friend puts it, I don't read books, I devour them.
My favorite genres are urban fantasy, epic fantasy, dystopian, paranormal and horror. But I still read a little bit of everything else as well.
I have a dark, twisted sense of humor and I adore myself for it.
Otherwise, I'm big into animal rescue. I'm attempting to write a book, and am impatiently awaiting the 6th book in ASOIaF.

message 3: by Isabel of the Sea, Daughter Of The Sea (new)

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 962 comments Mod
Hello everyone! I would just like to say thank you for joining the group, it opens a door to people who are similar to you. I am Oceangirlie14 but you can call me Isabella if you want to. I started this group to seek fantasy lovers and people, like amazing Ashleigh who devours books for breakfast. My favorite genre is fiction of all kinds like fantasy or realistic fiction. I love to use my imagination all the time, our minds are powerful. You can just look around the library and see the great authors who had ideas to write. My hobbies are writing, dancing, swimming, drawing, reading, and living life! Enough about me! I want hear other people's stories, introductions. To wrap it all up, I am pleased to meet everyone in W.O.L.F! I encourage all of you lovelies to read because it is amazing. Please enjoy yourselves!

message 4: by Brian, Sworn To The Sea (new)

Brian | 85 comments Mod
hi everyone Oceangirlie14 convinced me to start a account and join this group. I really enjoy not just reading but writing fantasy and am looking forward to posting with u guys

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Brian wrote: "hi everyone Oceangirlie14 convinced me to start a account and join this group. I really enjoy not just reading but writing fantasy and am looking forward to posting with u guys"

Hi, Brian! :) Glad you're here. It's always nice to chat with other people who enjoy reading/writing fantasy.

message 6: by Brian, Sworn To The Sea (new)

Brian | 85 comments Mod
nice to meet u dee

message 7: by Nix, Child of the Sun (new)

Nix (nixd) | 296 comments Mod
Hi I'm Percy Jackson Kid! I don't know about you, but I'm obsessed with the Percy Jackson series, and the series after that I'm currently reading, Hero's Of Olympus, but I have to wait til October for the next book to come out. I like reading mystery, realistic fiction, and especially light fantasy and fantasy! I'm a really good writer but I only write like once or twice a week cause I'm busy with other things. In school they call me the 10 paragraph writer cause I tend to go above and beyond with my creativity. Isabella got me very interested in goodreads, and everything good she said about it was true! I hope that if I am ever am confused about goodreads or some advanced words you guys are using I can get help from all of you! I just know I'll love this group!

Cupcakes & Machetes (hybridcreature) Nice to meet you Percy! I'm not a Goodreads whiz either but I'll help in anyway that I can. :)

message 9: by Nix, Child of the Sun (new)

Thanks! I feel very welcome now!

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Cool, another writer! :) Welcome to the group, Percy!

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (goodreadscomAlice_Skywalker) | 61 comments Hi everyone! I'm Alyssa (despite my username, which I named after one of my favorite members of one of my favorite bands). I love music, I absolutely love it and I will continue to play instruments and sing for as long as I am physically able to do so! But reading is also a big hobby of mine. I love sci-fi and fantasy, those are my two biggies. One of my favorite authors, if not my number one, is no doubt Michael Crichton. That man is a genius with his science fiction novels. But I also love Veronica Roth (betcha can't guess why!) and Ray Bradbury. I enjoy reading mysteries as well, and Nancy Drew and Sherlock Holmes will stay as my favorite detectives for a long time. I've written one novella to date, as well as one or two short stories; I have this thing where I'll start a story, and have a great concept, but never finish it because I'm not sure how it should end. So I have many story beginnings just sitting on my computer...maybe I'll share some with you guys sometimes! I really wish I could swim, and I thank Oceangirlie for inviting me to this group because it seems like it's going to be a lot of fun!

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Alice Kaneswaran wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Alyssa (despite my username, which I named after one of my favorite members of one of my favorite bands). I love music, I absolutely love it and I will continue to play instruments..."

Hi, Alyssa! :) Glad you're here. I haven't read a whole lot of sci-fi yet, but it sounds like if I ever need some recommendations I'll be able to count on you for that! I started reading the Sprawl trilogy by William Gibson recently, and I'm enjoying it so far. And what I've read by Ray Bradbury I've also enjoyed. So what instruments do you play? And yay for another writer in the group! It sounds like we've got a pretty creative bunch here. :) I can totally relate to having a ton of started writing projects that need to be finished. I used to be notorious for starting one thing and then hopping to the next in no time, but I've actually managed to (mostly) resist that urge and am currently working on the final draft of my first novel. I'm so excited we have so many budding writers in this group. :)

message 13: by Nix, Child of the Sun (new)

Hi Alyssa! We have a lot in common! I'm always starting stories but never finishing them, and music is my LIFE! I do chorus, play trumpet, excel in piano, and would love to play drums! I'm so glad you're in our group cause you seem so nice! Welcome to W.O.L.F.!

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (goodreadscomAlice_Skywalker) | 61 comments Thank you guys, for such kind words :) I mainly play violin and piano, but I've also dabbled a bit in cello and timpani as well. And I absolutely love to sing!

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Nice, that's awesome!

message 16: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie Smith | 33 comments Hi I'm AnnMarie!
I just joined this group because of my cousin, Percy Jackson Kid! I'm so glad he asked me to join! This group looks really fun!

Well here's a little about me! I love reading, music, and singing. I'm an active participant in the drama club at my school.

My favorite books are The Hunger Games series, and The Fault in Our Stars! I also love Divergent! I read almost anything from Nicholas Sparks to Lauren Oliver! I'm currently reading Requiem (Lauren Oliver) and Safe Haven (Nicholas Sparks).

I'm eager to begin participating in this amazing group!

message 17: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (goodreadscomAlice_Skywalker) | 61 comments You sound really cool AnnMarie!! I'm really excited to be in this group with you. Oh, and your name is really pretty. ^.^

message 18: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie Smith | 33 comments Thx!

message 19: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Hi, AnnMarie! Welcome to the group. :) Glad you're here!

message 20: by Natalia4125 (new)

Natalia4125 | 14 comments Hi I am Natalia and I was introduced to goodreads and W.O.L.F by Percy Jackson Kid.
I love to read and do lots of DIY crafts. My favorite sport is soccer. I hope to have a lot of fun doing all the quizzes and all the other stuff u guys come up with.

message 21: by Isabel of the Sea, Daughter Of The Sea (new)

Welcome Natalia to W.O.L.F. and I hope you enjoy the group!

message 22: by Natalia4125 (new)

Natalia4125 | 14 comments Thanks

message 23: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie Smith | 33 comments Wow! Percy Jackson Kid is quite the recruiter! :)

message 24: by Nix, Child of the Sun (new)

Yeah I guess I am a recruiter. But what can I say? The group gets me so excited I just want to show my family and friends! But anyways, welcome to the group Natalia! You'll have lots of fun!

message 25: by Dee (last edited Aug 24, 2014 11:23AM) (new)

Dee | 56 comments Hi, Natalia! Welcome to the group. :) Love your pug profile pic!

message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (goodreadscomAlice_Skywalker) | 61 comments Hey Natalia, nice to meet you! Welcome to the group. Trust me, everyone is super nice and you'll have a fun time with us. :)

message 27: by Wildwind77 (new)

Wildwind77 | 3 comments Hi everyone! I'm Wildwind77! I was recommended to the group by Percy Jackson Kid! I like to write, play soccer, basketball, sing, play piano, and most of all, READ!!!! I'm currently reading the fourth book of the Hero's of Olympus series, The House Of Hades. I'm very interested in greek mythology fantasy. I'm looking forward to being a part of this group!

message 28: by Wildwind77 (new)

Wildwind77 | 41 comments Hi everyone! Wildwind77 here! I forgot my password and accidentally logged off so I made a new account.

message 29: by Nix, Child of the Sun (new)

Welcome to the group Wildwind! If you have any questions about good reads or this group if be happy to help! But anyways, welcome to the group!

Cupcakes & Machetes (hybridcreature) Welcome to all the new members that joined while I was on vacation for the weekend!

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Welcome, Wildwind! Glad you're here. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself. :)

message 32: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie Smith | 33 comments Welcome Wildwind! You're going to have a ton of fun with this group!

message 33: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (goodreadscomAlice_Skywalker) | 61 comments Hey Wildwind!! So nice to meet ya, hope you have a great time in W.O.L.F., because the people and the topics themselves are just as awesome.

message 34: by Wildwind77 (new)

Wildwind77 | 41 comments Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to be in this group! I already know this group is great cause if all the warm welcomes!

message 35: by Isabel of the Sea, Daughter Of The Sea (new)

Welcome Wildwind77 to W.O.L.F.! Hope you have fun in this group as well as making new friends. This group is very warming and will help you through your journey of reading and writing!

message 36: by Wildwind77 (new)

Wildwind77 | 41 comments Thanks, I can already tell this group is awesome!

message 37: by Riley (new)

Riley Roquere (Rileyrocket504) | 44 comments Hi Hi Hiiiii! I'm RileyRocket! U can call me Riley if you want! Let me tell you a few things about me! I love soccer, art, reading, writing, music, and I'm usually always cheerful! My favorite animals are Wolfs (after cats)! I hope I have a great time in this group! You guys seem so nice!

message 38: by Isabel of the Sea, Daughter Of The Sea (new)

Hi! Riley, welcome to the group. Hope that this read discussion group suits your fancy. Please enjoy!

message 39: by Riley (new)

Riley Roquere (Rileyrocket504) | 44 comments I know I will!

message 40: by Brian, Sworn To The Sea (new)

Brian | 85 comments Mod
welcome

message 41: by Riley (new)

Riley Roquere (Rileyrocket504) | 44 comments Thanks!

message 42: by Nix, Child of the Sun (new)

Welcome Riley! You seem so nice! I can't wait to hear your opinions in our discussions!

message 43: by Dee (new)

Dee | 56 comments Welcome to the group, Riley! :)

message 44: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (goodreadscomAlice_Skywalker) | 61 comments Welcome Riley! Reading your comments, you definitely seem like you'll be a super cool person. :)

message 45: by Natalia4125 (new)

Natalia4125 | 14 comments Welcome Riley

message 46: by Riley (new)

Riley Roquere (Rileyrocket504) | 44 comments Thanks!

message 47: by Arlen (new)

Arlen | 227 comments Hi I'm Arlen
I just joined the group
My favourite books are

Hunger games series
Percy Jackson series
Series Unfortunate events

message 48: by Isabel of the Sea, Daughter Of The Sea (new)

*singing* WELCOME ARLEN TO THE GROUP! YEAH! Hope you have fun in this group it is super friendly! :)

message 49: by Arlen (new)

Arlen | 227 comments Cool!!

message 50: by Isabel of the Sea, Daughter Of The Sea (new)

SUPER COOL!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6