Beta Reader Group discussion

Writing Advice & Discussion > New website dedicated 100% to finding beta readers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaylynn (new)

Shaylynn Hayes | 6 comments This website is dedicated 100% to helping writers/readers connect http://findbetareaders.com/

message 2: by Jeffary (new)

Jeffary Joseph | 1 comments Good idea!

message 3: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments If it's 100% dedicated to beta reading, why do you have a link to design services?

message 4: by Shaylynn (new)

Shaylynn Hayes | 6 comments Keith wrote: "If it's 100% dedicated to beta reading, why do you have a link to design services?"

Because, being dedicated to something doesn't mean there can't be other things advertised that are related. However, the purpose of the site is for beta-reading, which is clear by the fact 90% of the content is beta reading. The same as how a site dedicated to writing tips might have editing services, etc.

message 5: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 303 comments It looks like basically a clone of this group, so I'm not sure what the value would be in joining as an author or a reader since there's a far greater likelihood of connecting with someone here. You might want to try and find an angle which makes your site special versus just another message board. (There's several beyond Goodreads, many with thousands of members and which have been around for a decade or longer.) Good luck with your site.

message 6: by Grace (last edited Jul 07, 2018 05:08PM) (new)

Grace (summergrace) | 33 comments I think this is a good site to find beta readers and for paid beta readers to advertise on, as I have. I knew of another forum like that, but it was never as extensive as this, and I can't seem to find it at this point, so it probably doesn't exist anymore.

message 7: by Shaylynn (new)

Shaylynn Hayes | 6 comments The goal of the site is eventually to have authors be able to find services as well, and tips along the way. The primary goal is betas and critiques, as well as a development service. :)

message 8: by Dean (new)

Dean Nichols (deannichols) | 1 comments I am having difficulty finding the "folders." Are there movie script readers available?

message 9: by Shaylynn (new)

Shaylynn Hayes | 6 comments I could add a section if you like!