2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)
This topic is about Body Double
Body Double > Question M

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Father Daniel Brody and Maura continue to “dance” around their obvious feelings for each other. Do they have a future?

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments I hope not. This is a hot button no no for me. I am not religious and don't necessarily believe in the same things someone else might but a priest DOES believe and to ignore his convictions in his own faith for one night bugs the crap outta me. I don't even like the idea of "finding the one" to renege on a priest's vows. This whole sub-plot annoys me. LOL

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I’ve never understood the whole concept of of priesthood celibacy (or the same for nuns) and to this day think it plagues the Catholic Church. The whole reason this was imposed centuries ago was not due to a theology but for crass business reasons. The Vatican did not want wealth to transfer to families. (I’m married to a now non-practicing Catholic who studied the religion as a scholar.)

So, long explanation for my point of view. It doesn’t bother me in the least. We learn here that Daniel made a bargain with God to save her life. His heart isn’t in being a priest. This relationship may be inevitable.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 180 comments Interesting point of view, Jonetta. I never thought of this in that way. Nor did I view Daniel in an average guy kind of way. I was just viewing him in a priest way.