Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Kafka on the Shore
This topic is about Kafka on the Shore
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Murakami - Kafka on the Shore [Sep 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Saar The Book owl | 2057 comments Anyone started already? I'll begin tomorrow.

message 3: by Beste (last edited Sep 04, 2018 01:43AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Beste | 1163 comments I did yesterday. I don't want to call the book weird but its definitely unique.

Saar The Book owl | 2057 comments That's with all Murakami's books ;) You'll love it or you hate it. He has something with cats and magic - realism.

Beste | 1163 comments I'm having hard time correlating Kafka's running and Nakata's chats with cats :)

Saar The Book owl | 2057 comments On which page are you? I'm joining tommorow - evening the latest.

Beste | 1163 comments Around 60%.
I've to say its like reading Mieville :)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Saar wrote: "On which page are you? I'm joining tommorow - evening the latest."

Same here.

Saar The Book owl | 2057 comments Never read a Mieville, so I can't compare, but Murakami is why I began to love Japanese literature.

message 10: by Saar The Book owl (last edited Sep 07, 2018 01:02AM) (new) - added it

Saar The Book owl | 2057 comments @Beste: I've seen that you've finished? What did you found of it?

I've started yesterday, but I'm at page 8. So far it's realy okay, bit I was wondering: (view spoiler)

Beste | 1163 comments Sandstorm part gets to everyone I think. I marked that part in the book.
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Yanique, Thread Master (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yanique Gillana | 1013 comments Mod
I’m about 60% in and whenever I think we’ve reached the peak of it all...this story just gets weirder. I’m enjoying it but I have no idea where it’s going lol

Saar The Book owl | 2057 comments I had that with The Strange Library. That was just very weird, but still enjoyable. I'm still reading it.