Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Nomination: October Battle of the Books

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Please leave suggestions for October Battle of the Books below.

Theme: Horror
Click HERE for ideas

* Only young adult books will be accepted
** Books that do not fit the theme will not be included in the poll
*** Check group bookshelf before making any suggestions. Only books that are not already on the shelf will be included in the poll | Group Bookshelf
**** You may suggest more than once

This thread will be closed on August 20 or sooner if we reach 10 pairs.

Thanks!

message 2: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (littledreammer) | 279 comments Well, I was looking for and these were the ones that interested me more.

Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) by R.L. Stine Asylum (Asylum, #1) by Madeleine Roux The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1) by Alvin Schwartz

*Waiting anxiously for HALLOWEEN*

P.S: All are young adult books and aren't already on the Group Bookshelf.

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Please pair them for me since we will use the pairs in the poll.

Like Asylum (Asylum, #1) by Madeleine Roux vs. The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd

btw, Goosebumps are not young adult books.

message 5: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Maurovich (paulinamaurovich13) | 423 comments Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn vs Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein

message 6: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (littledreammer) | 279 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Please pair them for me since we will use the pairs in the poll.

Like Asylum (Asylum, #1) by Madeleine Roux vs. The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd

btw, Goosebumps are not young adult books."

Oh! So I choose then Asylum (Asylum, #1) by Madeleine Roux VS The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks guys.

message 8: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Say Her Name by James Dawson VS MARY The Summoning (Bloody Mary, #1) by Hillary Monahan

message 10: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga vs I Am Not A Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1) by Dan Wells

message 11: by Dennis (new)

Dennis John | 35 comments The Unbecoming of MARA DYER and it's sequel The Evolution of MARA DYER.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre vs The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan

message 13: by Sarah (last edited Aug 02, 2014 01:16PM) (new)

Sarah | 1737 comments Are we allowed to do sequels?

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead vs. Dangerous Girls (Dangerous Girls, #1) by R.L. Stine
If not, then replace Frostbite with My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Dennis wrote: "The Unbecoming of MARA DYER and it's sequel The Evolution of MARA DYER.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2) by Michelle Hodkin"

Book 1 is already on the group shelf.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4400 comments Undead by Kirsty McKay vs The Hallowed Ones (The Hallowed Ones, #1) by Laura Bickle

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

The best YA horror book I have ever read has been Ten by Gretchen McNeil so I'd say: Ten  by Gretchen McNeil VS Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington

I know Liv, Forever doesn't look like it would fall under horror but it was pretty thrilling and is packed with ghosts.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Or
Ten  by Gretchen McNeil vs Forget Me by K.A. Harrington
Ten  by Gretchen McNeil vs Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz

message 19: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments thanks, everyone. I'll close this thread for now.