Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > Twilight

Comments Showing 1-50 of 297 (297 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love these books...so talk on

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney This book feels like almost old news now. NOT that that makes it any less amazing! I love this book and everything about it. I saw this pic of Rob, Kristen, and this kid. I think it was an advertisement thing because it was supposed to be Renessme and they haven't even started filming Eclispe.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i love Twilight! the book and the film! i cannot wait till new moon!

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I can't wait until New Moon either. I am going on opening day with my cousin who is on goodreads, Chase, and my best friend who is also on goodreads (and in this group), Samantha. I HATE Rob and Kristen though. They totally aren't right for the parts. But I love Taylor and Kellan and Ashely. Don't get me wrong though I'm team Edward all the way! I didn't love the movie though. It was ok. They could have done better.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I didn't like the movie either. The first time watching it was alright, but when I tried to watch it again, I found it really slow and kinda boring. Not too keen on Kristen and Rob either, they don't exactly act the way I imagined them to be when reading the books. But I'm going to see New Moon because the werewolves are in it!

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, are you team Jacob? I love when they turn into wolves, it looks so good. They did a good job with that at least. I agree with you, the movie is slow and boring.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Totally Team Jacob. Which is not to say I don't like Edward because I love him too, but if I had to choose, it would Jacob. And the rest of the wolf pack in the film are pretty hot too, and hopefully they'll spend most of the film topless, so New Moon should be more interesting!

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney lol, I love Tay shirtless. Have you seen his abbs!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if the movie sucks at least the abbs of the movie will rock, lol

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Call me shallow, but that's mainly what I'm going to see the movie for! I can't wait to see when Bella goes and confronts the pack about Jacob, the scene from the trailer looked really cool.

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney totally, if your shallow then so am I!

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I had sworn up and down that I was Team Edward when I read the books, but with the upcoming movie, I think I'm Team Jacob. But only with the movies. In the books it's still Edward. If that makes any sense.

I like Rob and I think he's a good Edward. Kristen isn't bad either except for the fact that she pauses at weird times. Try quoting the movie while it's playing. I couldn't get my timing right and it made me mad.

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney It makes sense. I love TAY!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm totally team Edward in the books and films! but i don't mind taylor in real life! i like Rob more though! hehe !!

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney really? No way, lol. Have you seen Tay's abbs????? *drolls*

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah but he kinds has no neck now cos it's all muscle! And remember he is only young LOL x

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney He's 17, he'll be legal in like less then a year. Lol, Samantha from this group always bugs me about how much I like him. She always calls him a "boy-man" or "wolf-boy" lol

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

haha!

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney thx, lol

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments I loved Twilight...but I gotta be honest: the movie was BRUTAL! What annoyed me soooo much was the dialogue and the expressions on their faces. Dare I say it...Kristin and Rob were not the best choice in actors...not only could they not act but they always looked like they were on way too many drugs...especially Kristin.

message 20: by Courtney (last edited Sep 16, 2009 05:31AM) (new)

Courtney OMG! I agree, their facual expressions were so creepy! And they occasional did look high. I like the rest of the cast, except Esme. But Rob and Kristen: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

message 21: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments Wow I really didn't think anyone would agree with me, what with all the Rob and Kristin hype. (Are they actually engaged..or is that just a publicity stunt?)

Courtney: If you could have picked anyone to cast for the parts of Bella and Edward, who would you have picked?

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Oh that's a hard one, I think I would have had to been there for try outs. I mean a lot of great actors/actress must have come out for the parts. I guess I would have to search around for people I like though. Hey, check out the group's photos and look at the one of Bella and Edward. I have a question for you too though, do you hate it when you say something like I love Edward, and people say "I thought you hated Robert Pattison?"

I makes me sooooo mad. It's like, "Really? Rob is NOT Edward. I love book Edward, not dumb movie Edward who is PLAYED by Rob!"

Oh they're not engaged. Rob said in an interview that he proposes to people as a conversation started (weirdo)

message 23: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Anyone seen the new New Moon trailer? It looks so much better than Twilight and the Volturi looked pretty good too. It looks like there's going to be more action in it, so I'm quite excited about going to see it.

Yeah, Rob is weird, remember when he used to joke about not washing and there were all these rumours about how much he stinks! :D

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments Yes I do hate that, Rob is not Edward. Edward is not Rob. I can't believe that we have to actually refer to Edward as "book-Edward".

message 25: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I know right! What has this world come too!

I love the trailor! It looks so hot! The Volturi looks great, but I bet I'll hate it. But then again, I do love Taylor!

message 26: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up, like I did for Twilight. What's the bet they put all the best scenes in the trailor so we'll watch it and it turns out the rest of the mmovie is rubbish.

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney that every well may happen, they seem to do that often.

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments book to movie never seems to work out....unless you don't read the book.

message 29: by Courtney (new)

Courtney totally, and speaking of not reading the book...

I really don't need another 'to-read' that needs to be added to my list, but I don't have many TV shows that I watch annually. So instead of reading Vampire Diaries, I'm just gonna watch the new show.

I hate it when Hollywood really seems to mess up our fav books. Like the Twilight movie, remember how the hotel scene is like 10 seconds? Well in the book that scene takes up like a whole chapter!

message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I prefer to read the books rather than watch the movie, because you get to know the characters better. And I like to be able to imagine how things play out and what each character looks like in my own way.

But I suppose if you have too many books to read and not enough time, then it is easier to just watch the movie. Like Kat said, it is better if you don't have the book to compare it to so you can't see how many great scenes have been cut out!

message 31: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Have you seen just how many movies coming out are based on books? The Lovely Bones, obviously Harry Potter and New Moon, etc. I know there are more, but I'm blanking.

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Angels and Demons, which I saw recently. It was pretty good because I haven't read the book in years so I don't remember what happens and I couldn't compare the two.
I'm planning to see The Vampires Assistant by Darren Shan. Not a romance and doesn't feature any gorgeous guys, but there's vampires!
But you're right, seems like people from the film industry just keeps using storylines from books instead of thinking up their own movies - and messing them up!

message 33: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Yeah totally! Like is Hollywood writers have writers block or something? They have to steal author's ideas?

Catherine, I agree. Books are ALWAYS better then the movies. Plus I'd pick reading over TV's any day.

message 34: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments That's what I thought, about the writer's block!! I mean really, is it necessary to take books and transform them? But I suppose it's incredibly lucrative since everyone knows the names.

message 35: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Yeah that's a point. It's very, very likely that if the book has a lot of fans those fans will go see the movie whether they like the cast, the plot, or the movie in general won't matter as long as they get a lot of people going to see it opening weekend.

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments You're totally spot on. Like with the Harry Potter films, I've hated every one of them, but for some reason, I can't seem to stop going to see it every time a new one comes out.

All they care about is money really. Although, maybe if they actually let the authors have a say in the casting and script, then the movie wouldn't be so bad, because they'd be able to keep it closer to the original storyline.

message 37: by Courtney (last edited Sep 18, 2009 09:24AM) (new)

Courtney I agree 100%. Sometimes I feel like it's my duty as a fan to go see the movie. Like with Twilight, I hated the movie but that didn't stop me from going to see it again in the theater and buying it the first day it came out. It's almost like you have to prove that your the biggest fan.

The authors really don't get much say, I mean you can totally tell. Plus on Steph's website she has a non-published copy of a New Moon book cover with a picture of a real person who is supposed to be Jacob. She even said, "This is my prefered Jacob actor."

But I do love Taylor Launter :)

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments Exactly. I didn't like Twilight but I'm definitely going to see New Moon, just because I liked the book and I'm curious about all the new cast members, especially the half naked wolves!

There were actually a few actors/actresses on Steph's site that I preferred to the current cast members, because they're more how I imagined them to be.

Lookwise, Taylor's quite nice, but we didn't really get to see much of his acting abilities in Twilight, so I'm looking forward to see how he gets on in New Moon. Hopefully, he'll be better at it than Rob!

message 39: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments I thought I read somewhere that Stephanie had a lot to do with the making of Twilight (as a film)??? Thats the reason why she rewrote Twilight from Edwards point of view...to help shape the film.

message 40: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments Oh yeah..Just wondering if anybody can let me know if "The Host" is worth reading or not? I've read alot of mixed reviews on the web.

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Kat to tell you the truth I don't believe it for a second. I bet she barely had a say. I suppose she would have a a small one though.

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I think maybe they asked her opinion but whether they actually took it into account when actually casting is another matter.

message 43: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I totally agree, that's really what I meant

message 44: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments To answer your question, Kat, I really liked The Host. The first hundred pages are a little hard to get through because it's setting up an entirely new world, but after that it gets exponentially better.

message 45: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments It was a really good book, and in a way, I do like it better than the Twilight series. But personally, I think there were several similarities with the two plotlines and characters which made it a little cheesy and predictable.

message 46: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments That may be so, but I didn't think it was all that predictable. I mean, yes, most people could probably see the ending a mile away, but it was touching.

message 47: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments It was touching, but as with the Twililght books, I think the ending was a little too perfect and happy. I am looking forward to reading the last two books of this series though.

message 48: by Courtney (new)

Courtney you haven't finished the Twilight serises yet??????? Huh, I haven't meant someone in the middle of them in a long time. So anyways, do you think I should make a topci just for the Host?

message 49: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 476 comments I meant the last two books in The Host series! You should read them, they're pretty good :)

message 50: by Kat (new)

Kat (acharb11ymailcom) | 70 comments The Host is a series???

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread