YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1)
This topic is about The Shadow Queen
GROUP BUDDY READ > The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire #1) by C.J. Redwine - GBR - Starting July 22nd 2018

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85714 comments Mod

Lorelai Diederich, crown princess and fugitive at large, has one mission: kill the wicked queen who took both the Ravenspire throne and the life of her father. To do that, Lorelai needs to use the one weapon she and Queen Irina have in common—magic. She’ll have to be stronger, faster, and more powerful than Irina, the most dangerous sorceress Ravenspire has ever seen.

In the neighboring kingdom of Eldr, when Prince Kol’s father and older brother are killed by an invading army of magic-wielding ogres, the second-born prince is suddenly given the responsibility of saving his kingdom. To do that, Kol needs magic—and the only way to get it is to make a deal with the queen of Ravenspire, promise to become her personal huntsman…and bring her Lorelai’s heart.

But Lorelai is nothing like Kol expected—beautiful, fierce, and unstoppable—and despite dark magic, Lorelai is drawn in by the passionate and troubled king. Fighting to stay one step ahead of the dragon huntsman—who she likes far more than she should—Lorelai does everything in her power to ruin the wicked queen. But Irina isn’t going down without a fight, and her final move may cost the princess the one thing she still has left to lose.

The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire #1) by C.J. Redwine will be our 4th GBR for July 2018.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Starting now :)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Chapter 1-12
(view spoiler)

izzy  | 1293 comments I just started. I love this already
(view spoiler)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments IZEVBUWA wrote: "I just started. I love this already

Prologue and Chapter 1
The introduction looks like snow-white. I like Leo already. We see the princess fight against her step mother, queen Irina, and the cost..."

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Edit~A (last edited Jul 22, 2018 09:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Chapter 13-34

(view spoiler)

izzy  | 1293 comments Edit~A wrote: "IZEVBUWA wrote: "I just started. I love this already

Prologue and Chapter 1
The introduction looks like snow-white. I like Leo already. We see the princess fight against her step mother, queen Ir..."

I didn't know, thanks for telling me

message 10: by izzy (last edited Jul 22, 2018 10:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

izzy  | 1293 comments Question: she sacrificed her exposure to save her mentor, why didn't she do that to save her brother (LEO). He is my favorite character. Bring him back!!!
(view spoiler)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

izzy  | 1293 comments Chapter 17-29
(view spoiler)

izzy  | 1293 comments (view spoiler)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments IZEVBUWA wrote: "Question: she sacrificed her exposure to save her mentor, why didn't she do that to save her brother (LEO). He is my favorite character. Bring him back!!!

Chapter 2-16
Please don't tell me Leo is ..."

Of course :)

Edit~A (edit-a) | 4232 comments IZEVBUWA wrote: "Question: she sacrificed her exposure to save her mentor, why didn't she do that to save her brother (LEO). He is my favorite character. Bring him back!!!

Chapter 2-16
Please don't tell me Leo is ..."

(view spoiler)