Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional Vampires discussion

Book Discussions > Vampire Academy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 162 (162 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I haven't read this ..... yet of course

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments This series is frickin amazing! I just reread the whole series and I must say (though I've probably said it before), the third one is my favorite so far. Mead's writing just gets better with each book. There's so much emotion, you're yanked around to the point where you are the characters. I'm so excited for the fourth one to come out in 9 days!!!

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love it when book mess with you emotions and then you become so atached, it's like you ARE the characters!

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments You really are! Rose is just a time bomb, waiting to explode, but she's caring and snarky. Sarcasm and fighting are her fortes. It's the perfect combination.

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 35 comments I've only read the first one and loved it but in the uk its really difficult to get hold of the next ones. I love Demitri and Rose is just so kick-ass.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Definitely! Rose just has the tough-girl persona and Dimitri is just...Dimitri. Are there enough words to describe how hot he is? Tall, gorgeous, long dark hair usually tied in a ponytail, fierce...

*Sigh* Dimitri took Edward's place, hands down.

message 7: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (natnat1) | 11 comments The author has another series out, the books are Succubus Blues, Succubus on Top, Succubus Dreams, and Succubus Heat. I haven't read them, but I thought ya'll would like to know.

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I knew, but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Heck, my to-read list is almost 300! I don't have time as it is, with school now.

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments GUYS, I AM HOLDING A COPY OF BLOOD PROMISE IN MY HANDS! AHHHHHHH!

message 10: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i have only read the first one which i liked and am actually getting the next three for my birthday

message 11: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments They are frickin amazing! I got one of my friends to read the first one and he's totally addicted. I hope your birthday's soon!

message 12: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) well kind of its the 8th of next month so am sure i can wait lol

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Ok, that's soon enough. You'll have to tell me about them as you read! I love discussing it with people because they react the same way I did, though my friend tended to be a bit violent about it.

message 14: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol yeah i will as i love to discuss books too lol

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments OMG I just finished Blood Promise! Is there ANYONE out there that's read it???! I'm dying to talk to someone!!!

message 16: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) not yet am getting 2, 3 and 4 next week so give me some time lol

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments *sigh*. Ok, I think I can wait, but it's just so exciting!

message 18: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) lol is there going to be another one after blood promise?

message 19: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments As far as my knowledge goes, there's going to be at least six. The next is Spirit Bound, but I don't know what the sixth will be called.

message 20: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) okies thanks so does blood promise end on a cliff hanger?

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments YES! Ugh, it's killing me and to think we still have MONTHS before the next one comes out!

message 22: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i dont like cliff hangers when i have to wait for the next book so whens it supposed to be out?

message 23: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I'm not even part of this conversation, but I'd like to throw something in :).

I hate cliffhangers! When rating books I almost always rate the book a star down if it ends in a cliffhanger LOL. They just bother me a lot, like it makes it so much harder to wait for the next book!!!

Anyways, I'm done with my lil rant on cliffhangers. ;]

message 24: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments But I'm so excited to read the next one! Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) comes out May 18, 2010. That is SO far away, but at least it's not years away.

message 25: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah its far away but i think when people say 2010 i think that is ages away but then i remember its 2010 in 4 months

message 26: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Isn't that a scary thought? A whole decade's gone by now. And I'm going to graduate in 2010, so that will forever be associated with me.

message 27: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i know what you mean i to will be graduating in 2010 well if i pass lol

message 28: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Cool! Another senior! I don't know if you've noticed or not, but we're probably some of the oldest in this group.

(No offense to anyone. I'm just pointing it out.)

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i think i will be older than you as am graduating from uni 24 next week arrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!

message 30: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Ok, that's true. I'm in high school.

message 31: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh wow, I graduate 2011, but my high school only goes to grade 11.. but it's a province wide thing. LOL :)

message 32: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments That's different, but I'm sure school in Canada is different than school in the US.

message 33: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Yeah, I'm sure it must be. It's only in Quebec that high school ends at grade 11, then we have to go to Cegep.

message 34: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) our schools in england end in year 11 but we dont graduate we just get leavers books and move on to college then we get to graduate when we finish in uni

message 35: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, that's really odd. So like, you absolutely must go to uni?

message 36: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) no you dont even have to go to college and even some people drop out of school

message 37: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh.. I see. LOL It's sounds sort of complicated.

message 38: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) most of the people drop out and have kids

message 39: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) oh, :S that's not the best idea LOL

message 40: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) nope i would rather have money to give my child the best possible life

message 41: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Same here. Cause some people have it so hard because they didn't go to uni and so, they can't a good job, and yeah. It just sucks.

message 42: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yup

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I am taking it upon myself to restart this conversation because these books are amazing and they always get pushed to the backburner.

message 44: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (wickedreader) | 71 comments my most favorite book from that series is ShadowKissed. I wonder what is going to happen in the 5th book?

message 45: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I have no idea. But Dimitri's going to find Rose again, I'm pretty sure of that much. I'd be pretty mad if he didn't.

message 46: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (wickedreader) | 71 comments You know how they say that a spirit user can "turn a strigoi back into what they use to be"? Wonder if that is what is going to happen with Dimitri?

message 47: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments Yeah, I think I heard that. I don't know if that's going to happen though. Can you imagine the kind of force needed to A) restrain the strigoi to even attempt that and B) actually do the transformation. But, wouldn't it be kind of cool to have Adrian do it if anyone did? It'd be like his little way of telling Rose he was okay with that relationship.

message 48: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (wickedreader) | 71 comments Awww, oh yeah. From the book i like both Dimitri and Adrian

message 49: by Holly (new)

Holly | 139 comments I think Adrian is like Rose's equal in their ways. And I really want to see how their relationship goes because I think they're a good match. Dimitri remains the only kink in it, though...not that I mind.

message 50: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (wickedreader) | 71 comments Do you think Rose will be more in touch with her father? He so protective over her

« previous 1 3 4

Gorgeous Guys, Beautiful Books, and Occasional...

unread topics | mark unread