What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Heroine was the bad guy in previous books/in the past. Hero may have hated her but eventually falls in love with her

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rae (new)

Rae | 311 comments Hi there.
I'm looling for book suggestions where the heroine was the bad guy in previous books or in the past. However she is reformed and trying to be a better person.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
While not exactly what you are looking for, Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me is technically not a "regular" book, this is still a fun read. And Blondi DeMeani, the evil female is great in this. So check it out. (Yes, I do sometimes give in and buy a book just for the title. This one was suggested in one of the other threads and I had to get it. Then I had to read it.)

message 3: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments For an example from a children's book, try Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great by Judy Blume. Sheila was Peter's classmate and enemy in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, but OKASTG is told from Sheila's POV.

message 4: by Rae (new)

Rae | 311 comments Thanks for the recs guys. I should've been more specific. Im looking for books that also feature the hero holding her past against her, but then falling in love with her. So romance is a must

message 6: by Clara (new)

Clara | 2 comments Soaring by Kristen Ashley.

message 7: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 185 comments “Hunter’s Need” by Shiloh Walker. It’s paranormal and she had reasons that make her more complicated than just being “the bad guy”, but you know from the beginning that the h betrayed the H and caused him to be tortured. So it has all the angst of everyone holding that against her.

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 81 comments The Skypirate by Justine Davis.

message 9: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments Others of Edenton by Brandy L Rivers. PRN

I didn't get that far into the series, but there's a real bitch who ends up being a h a few books in.

message 10: by Zara (new)

Zara (zara124) | 76 comments 'A court of roses and thorns' is the first book in a series, the second book has what you're looking for but you need to read the first one to understand the second one.

message 12: by Rae (new)

Rae | 311 comments Bump

message 13: by Juels (last edited May 20, 2020 01:18PM) (new)

Juels | 2565 comments The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey. The previous book is The Heir.

Also, Sherry's suggestion of The Skypirate is spot on. Great romance and the heroine was definitely a bad guy in the first book. The first book is Lord of the Storm. I loved these and wish she had written more.

message 14: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 81 comments Juels wrote: "The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey. The previous book is The Heir.

Also, Sherry's suggestion of The Skypirate is spot on. Great rom..."

Juels, she has written more. The Kingbird, Rebel Prince, Raider, Gambler & Renegade.

message 15: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1424 comments The Others of Edenton. PRN. I haven’t read this far in the series, but book 5 is the hea for the bitch from the first couple of books, and by the sounds of it, the H was an asshole if not a bad guy in a previously linked series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 16: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2565 comments Sherry wrote: "Juels, she has written more. The Kingbird, Rebel Prince, Raider, Gambler & Renegade."

Sherry - Thank you. I gave up looking years ago. No wonder I missed them. There was a 20 year gap after book 2. I'm looking forward to finding the new sequels. Thanks again!