Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > What is the BOTTOM LINE cost for a giveaway?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (last edited Jun 22, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

George Barker | 4 comments Wow, this is tremendously difficult to get an answer to, and incredibly difficult to ask. What is the cost of a giveaway now. Do we have to pay for each book PLUS the $119. Or, is there no cost other than the $119 up to 100 books. It doesn't make sense to just give away 10 books for that, if I can give away 100 and there is no additional cost regarding postage or shipping or cost per book. And does Amazon ship the book? Do I buy the books and ship them? This is what I am having a big disconnect over. And, it's virtually impossible to find where to ask this question. Amazon Giveways is no help; these groups don't seem to be the right place. I can't even choose the TOPIC ... so anyone, any help with this is greatly appreciated. In the meantime (and I'm going on 2 hrs now) I'll continue to search the innerweb google for an answer. :-) Sincerely, Gary James, Editor "Don't Be a Cow!"

PS Got the answer. But, wow. Now this is frozen? People certainly do read a lot into a question ... just wanted to know an answer and, from what I can see, even if someone knew the answer they weren't going to share it. No matter. Onward. Sincerely (not bookwhacking whatever that is), Gary

PPS Since this is frozen... I wasn't having problems with a giveaway, nor problems with site functionality. I was asking how much a giveway costs. I could not find anything that indicated there was any charge other than the $119 or $599. Sorry that that wasn't apparently clear.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5873 comments George wrote: "Wow, this is tremendously difficult to get an answer to, and incredibly difficult to ask. What is the cost of a giveaway now. Do we have to pay for each book PLUS the $119. Or, is there no cost oth..."

You can try asking here https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Or support AT goodreads DOT com

Librarians are volunteers. We can't answer any questions about site functionality.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45458 comments Mod
Librarians have no control over giveaways. If you are having a problem with yours, you'll need to use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.