What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Black Female Protagonist named "Bobby" or "Bobbi"

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (annabnanna) | 3 comments I can recall little to no details about this piece, except that it was set in the South and centered a young, black female progonist called Bobby (or Bobbi). I recall an intimate scene where the main character loses her virginity in the backseat of a vintage car. I feel like it was something of a tragic bildungsroman, but definitely was not YA as there were quite a few explicit sexual bits including fallacio. Also definitely was not erotica. It was tender and sad, and not a terrible read, but also not memorable, obviously. I know that it was contemporary, but I couldn't quote a publication year. I also don't recall the author lol. Sorry. I only recall it in vivid fragments. Like a dream. I can't reach anything else.

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (annabnanna) | 3 comments I also remember dirt roads referenced throughout, and a bit about an unlikely group in search of something. Something valuable? Something they needed to excavate. I feel like it had something to do with the protagonist's mother?

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna (annabnanna) | 3 comments SOLVED - Turns out, it was actually on my wishlist.

It's called, "Getting Mother's Body" by Suzan-Lori Parks.