Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

74 views
Issues with Quotes > Deleting a quote

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11546 comments Quote deleted, had zero likes.


message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25151 comments It may take a while for the quote change to appear everywhere. Your book is properly combined. If you'd rather the English edition be the default, you can set that on the book edit page.


message 3: by Nadege (new)

Nadege Richards | 1 comments Can this quote be deleted please? The book has never been published and the quote is from another book. https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7684...


message 4: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
Nadege wrote: "Can this quote be deleted please? The book has never been published and the quote is from another book. https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7684..."

Then it should be edited to link the correct book, not deleted. What book is the correct one?


message 5: by Toni (new)

Toni mastertfrf (Toni_mastertfrf) | 2 comments Can my first quote be deleted please? (it starts with "he killed himself..")
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...

I tried to delete it already and its not longer in my account's quotes but it still shows here and i dont know how to delete it because it looks like a different conection.

I did today a new quote named life, mind, roots, and it is there on that conection as well.


message 6: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
Toni wrote: "Can my first quote be deleted please?"

Those quotes do not meet Goodreads' notability requirement and have been removed.


message 7: by Toni (new)

Toni mastertfrf (Toni_mastertfrf) | 2 comments Thanks :o


message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) I am a member of the Liberians Group, but can’t seem to find my edit or delete option for my personal quotes. I would like to add my book title, Moods and Musings, to all of my quotes. I was able to do so for one of them, but since then no. Can you instruct or help?

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...


message 9: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
To become a librarian, you have to apply for that status and be approved. Everyone is welcome to join this group, but doing so doesn't make you a librarian.


message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) It says I am a member. How do I apply and can someone please add my book title, Moods and Musings, to my quotes that so not have it.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...

Thank you.


message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) 3rd request:

Will a librarian please add my book title, “Moods and Musings”, to my alright added quotes that do not have the book listed. And also delete the duplicate one. Thank you.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...


message 12: by Gerd (new)

Gerd | 1050 comments Done.


message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Thank you so much Gerd. Could someone please check on my application to become an active librarian?


Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5883 comments Susan wrote: "Thank you so much Gerd. Could someone please check on my application to become an active librarian?"

Hi Susan.Librarians are volunteers. We can't help with things like this.


message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Ok. Thank you Carol.


message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Oh no, someone please help. I messed up this last quote. Please delete...

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/9357...


Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5883 comments Susan wrote: "Oh no, someone please help. I messed up this last quote. Please delete...

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/9357..."


I corrected the spelling of "shining." Is that enough? :)


message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Oh my Carol, I didn’t even notice the spelling. My name is wrong and I didn’t get my book added. If you could just delete it, that would be best.


message 19: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22205 comments Susan wrote: "Oh my Carol, I didn’t even notice the spelling. My name is wrong and I didn’t get my book added. If you could just delete it, that would be best."

Author name corrected: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/9357...

What book should be attached to this quote?


message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Thank you Arenda. The book, “Moods and Musings”.


message 21: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22205 comments Susan wrote: "The book, “Moods and Musings”."
Done


message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) So much thanks to you Arenda.


message 23: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Hello Librarians, is it within your abilities to edit answers in the author questions section. I made several errors and left out a word here and there. Let me know if you can help...

https://www.goodreads.com/author/1813...


☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 7260 comments eh no, I don't think we have any powers to do this Susan (never heard or read of it)


message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (sbwordmuse) Ok, thanks Lachgas.


message 26: by Adele (new)

Adele Rose (adelerose) | 12 comments Hi,

Please can someone delete a quote from my book Damned please. The quote begins "Curiosity for the billionth time gets the better of me..."

Here is the link - https://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...

Many thanks,

Adele Rose


Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5883 comments Adele wrote: "Hi,

Please can someone delete a quote from my book Damned please. The quote begins "Curiosity for the billionth time gets the better of me..."

Here is the link - https://www.goodreads.com/author/..."


Hi Adele

0 likes so deleted. :)


message 28: by Adele (new)

Adele Rose (adelerose) | 12 comments Carol ꧁꧂ wrote: "Adele wrote: "Hi,

Please can someone delete a quote from my book Damned please. The quote begins "Curiosity for the billionth time gets the better of me..."

Here is the link - https://www.goodrea..."


Thank you so much!


back to top