The Fandom Entries & Monthly Readathons discussion

How to... > How to add a picture or gif on Goodreads.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lou, Book Queen (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 527 comments Mod
Hiya, so I'm going to answer a "most asked" question I get (on PM too) here on Goodreads, so for once and for all, this is how to add a picture or gif on Goodreads.

First look up the picture/gif on the web. Then right-finger click and download that picture/gif. Then upload it on this free website I use called Imgur (You will need to make an account if you haven't got one already). When you upload it, it will appear in a little box, click that and up comes a larger version. On the right hand side of your picture/gif there are lots of rectangular boxes called "links".
On Goodreads, you need to click and copy the link named the HTML Link, which on Imgur is the one fifth way down, click copy. Then paste that to your comment on Goodreads. It should come up with what looks like a jumble of letters, but when you post your comment it should come up with your picture or gif. "Preview" your comment to save from embarrassment to see if it works and post it. Done!
Hope I've made it clear! Use this topic as practice for uploading your gifs/pictures. And asking picture/gif related questions, of course.

Note: I'm still not sure how to make the picture or gif a certain size, if you do, your help is appreciated!

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 175 comments Ha thanks! I'll try that out as soon as I'm on my computer!
About the size; I'm not sure but maybe it has to do with the original size of the image? Like, the smaller the original is, the smaller it appears on GR. Just a guess...

message 3: by Riley (new)

Riley (woowreallly) Awesome!

message 4: by Neha (new)