2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question K

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Chaol has an adversarial relationship with his father. What did you think of their interactions and is it comparable to Dorian's relationship with his father?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Although there are some similarities, the two situations are different. Chaol is a warrior that his dad wants on the throne. Dorian is a bit weak in his father's eyes. The interactions between father and son in both situations are similar.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, there are similarities but it also seems that Chaol's father at least respects his son even if he doesn't approve of his choices. I can also understand that he might feel angry and betrayed that Chaol chose the be the Captain of the Guard rather than fulfill his duty to his family and people.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I agree with you both. Chaol’s father admires and respects him, the king doesn’t think much of Dorian. However, both have daddy issues that are driving most of their decisions and lives.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I agree too and I'm looking forward to see how both will stand up against there fathers.