2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question H

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments In terms of the romance, Celaena makes her choice between Dorian and Chaol. Was it the right one? What do you think of their romantic relationship and Dorian's reaction to it?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I don't think either of them was a good decision because of their status, but Chaol was the better choice. Dorian's reaction was the typical jealousy from someone who didn't get his way.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, Chaol was the better choice. Dorian is definitely more of a friend and Celaena's chemistry with Chaol was more intense.

That said, I don't think Chaol is the man for Celeana either. He has a hard time accepting who she really is and always seems shocked when she does something violent as if he forgets that she is an assassin.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 04, 2018 07:30AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I thought she made the right choice simply based on the depth of her feelings for him. Dorian was always in the friend zone for her no matter his feelings.

I have this sneaking suspicion that there’s a reason she’s not supposed to be with Dorian. I’ll hold that thought for now:)

I felt bad for Dorian and he handled the rejection pretty well. He saw with his own eyes that the way Celaena looked at Chaol was so very different from what he saw when she looked at him.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "I have this sneaking suspicion that there’s a reason she’s not supposed to be with Dorian. I’ll hold that thought for now:)."

Oooh! You are making me think now... I wonder...

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

I’ll put it in a spoiler. Peek at your own risk.

(view spoiler)

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, that is what I understood from your hint.
It could explain (view spoiler). However, (view spoiler)

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

Great point, Lauren.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Dang... now you have me thinking. I never thought of that.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Lol!

message 11: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I think Chaol was the right choice too, although I didn't like his reactions to her violent actions. He knew from the start what she was.

Never thought of that Jonetta, I thought it had more to do with what Lauren writes in her second spoiler.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Time will tell, Lieke. It’s just a vibe I’ve had from the beginning.