2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question G

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments In her conversation with Elena, it is implied that Nehemia was aware of her possible death and willingly sacrificed herself.
What do you think about the development of Nehemia's relationship with Celaena, the effect of her death on Celaena and the possibility that she did sacrifice herself?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments If Elena is right and Nehemia was aware than I would say that her relationship with Celaena was well played. She was definitely thinking forward. I'm not sure she knew how hard her death was going to be on Celaena.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Hmm.. it was very manipulative of Nehemia and while I think that she did care for Celeana, she was also using her.

I think she did know because she said that Celaena might not be able to pull herself out of a downward spiral, but she had to take the chance anyway.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Lauren, my thinking exactly. While I admired Nehemia, I questioned why she became so close to Celaena as they were so different and Celaena lacked depth. I believe she was using her and their relationship was manipulated.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, it actually made me feel even sorrier for Celaena because in the end, Nehemia wasn't really a true friend to her.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Same for me. I hope Celaena never comes to that conclusion.

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I think she started with using Celaena and became her friend in the process. But she didn't want to give up her mission for het people.
But like I said in the other question Nehemia is still a mystery to me.