2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question F

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Archer was behind Nehemia's assassination. What did you think of his character before and after this revelation? Did you guess he was the culprit? What did you think of his motive?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Although I didn't trust Archer, I was surprised to find out that he was involved in Nehemia's murder. I honestly thought they were allies. I feel that his motive sounded more like a bad excuse.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Archer was quite likable in the beginning. However, I had grown suspicious of him by the time his part in Nehemia's murder is revealed. His actions when Chaol was kidnapped had my spidey sense tingling.

His motive seemed very typical of a co-conspirator who no longer trusts his "allies" and believes they are turning away from the "cause". That said, it would seem that once he realizes the significance of the Wyrdmarks and the power they possess, he wants it for himself. He is guilty of what he accused Nehemia of.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I initially liked Archer but when he told Celaena he needed more time, I got really wary of him. More time for what? He was a courtesan for goodness sake. Pack up your stuff, transfer your money and you’re good to go.

Even before Archer abducted Chaol, I got suspicious. It was when that whole mess involving Davis happened. No way did Archer not know the danger Celaena faced when going into that library. After the abduction, I knew Archer was more than he presented himself as. But, I never imagined he orchestrated Nehemia’s murder.

Lauren, you nailed him.

message 5: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments He seemed very likeable at first, but the fact that he needed more time also made me suspicious of him. Although I didn't expect him to orchestrate Nehemia's murder either.