2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question E

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Nehemia plays an important role in releasing Dorian's dormant magical abilities. Were her actions deliberate? Why?

What do you think of Dorian's magic and the threat he poses to his father?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Nehemia seemed to know more than others did. She was good at reading people and I believe that she helped Dorian deliberately. She knew that his magic could have the potential to destroy his father.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, I also think it was deliberate. She seemed to sense the magic in him and took the necessary steps to help release it.

I understood from her conversation with Elena that she had a choice between Dorian and Celaena and she chose Celeane because Dorian wasn't ready yet. I think he hasn't yet come into the full strength of his powers. It will be interesting to see how they manifest then and he will be a force that his father will have to reckon with.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
There was a conversation late in the story but before Nehemia died where they talked of waiting for who would break first. I surmised that was Elena and Nehemia, referring to Celaena and Dorian. I’m not sure they chose Celaena but she was the one to break first.

I remember when Nehemia touched Dorian’s chest and said something about using his heart. I definitely believe she knew and was prepared to help him when he was ready. It wasn’t something she could just tell him. He hasn’t even begun to understand the reach of his gifts.

Dorian is a big threat to his father. He’s getting mentally and emotionally stronger each day, willing to defy him and speak up against him. He will be a formidable challenge to his father someday. Not there yet.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "There was a conversation late in the story but before Nehemia died where they talked of waiting for who would break first. I surmised that was Elena and Nehemia, referring to Celaena and Dorian. I’..."

Yes, that is the conversation I was thinking about.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I wasn’t sure but thought so. It was cryptic.

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I'm very curious how Dorian's magic will grow and how he is going to act against his father. But he will need some more time to grow.

I still find Nehemia a bit of a mystery.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Nehemia reminds me a bit of Albus Dumbledore - manipulating people and events behind the scenes. Quite Machiavellian.