2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question C

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments The King is in possession of at least one Wyrdkeys (from Elena's tomb). He used it to conquer most of Erliea. What do you think he plans to do if he gets his hands on the other two?

How is this related to the creature in the catacombs under the library and to Kaltain and Roland? Do you think that Kaltain and Roland are victims or willing participants?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I honestly have no idea what the kings end plan is, but I'm gonna guess that it involves the creatures. I also believe that Kaltain is a victim. I'm still up in the air about Roland. Although he complains about the onset of the headaches, he seemed to side up with Dorian too quickly.

message 3: by Lauren (last edited Jun 26, 2018 09:42PM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Yes, the king's plans are very generalized right now - conquer the world! I'm eager to learn more of the specifics.

I'm not as generous as you with regard to Kaltain. She might be a victim now, but she was more than willing to kill Celaena before and might be happy to do so again given the right incentive.

I'm also very suspicious of Roland. Yes, he might be at the mercy of Perrington's experiments, but this may also be a his choice. Power corrupts and he seems like the type who wants power.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
The king is power hungry and wants absolute power of all realms. Somehow, that creature, Kaltain and Roland are key to his stealth plans. I don’t know how but the king is using them specifically for a reason. The creature talked of them having done something to him and he was human. So, whatever Kaltain and Roland will be used for, it will ultimately have a debilitating effect on them.

I’m highly suspicious of Roland and agree with Melissa that his turnabout with Dorian was a little too fast and yes, Lauren, he seems corruptible. Kaltain? I believe they made her a drug addict so the jury’s still out on her.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "So, whatever Kaltain and Roland will be used for, it will ultimately have a debilitating effect on them.."

Agreed! I think the headaches are the first sign of that.

message 6: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 193 comments Yes, The King is power hungry and wants all power of the realms. I have no idea, what his plan is. I dont trust Roland or Kaltain.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "I dont trust Roland or Kaltain. ."

Me either. While I don't think they realize exactly what they have gotten themselves into, it is clear to me that they aren't passive actors in whatever the king has planned. They were willing participants in the beginning.

message 8: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments The king wants to rule everyone and everything.

I don't trust Roland and Kaltain either, but I think they are victims of the kings plans. They probably wouldn't have been good without him but I think they are worse now because of the experiments.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lieke wrote: "They probably wouldn't have been good without him but I think they are worse now because of the experiments. "

Exactly!
It is as if the black stone grabs onto the evil in a person and enhances and increases it.