2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Crown of Midnight > Question B

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments There are several riddles interspersed throughout the story. Did you enjoy the quest type narrative? Were you able to figure out the riddles before Celaena or with her?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments The riddles added a bit of mystery and purpose to the story. I think that last clue was the easiest for me. Celaena actually irritated me by not solving it immediately.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Melissa wrote: "Celaena actually irritated me by not solving it immediately."

I know! It was really obvious and I couldn't believe it took her so long to make the connection to Elena's tomb. As Mort says, the king solved it more quickly than she did.

I looked at the map and assume that the reference to the volcano is the one on the map. I wonder whether the King has found that Wyrdkey or whether Celaena will be going there herself.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I’m not good with riddles but agree that Celaena should have figured this out long before she did.

message 5: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 193 comments I am not good at riddles either, Jonetta.
The last clue was obvious for me too. I was surprised she didnt solve it quickly too.

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I'm not so good at riddles either, but this seemed maybe to obvious.