What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1)
This topic is about On a Pale Horse
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction series read in '80s, about a man who takes over as Death. Other characters include the avatars for War, Time, even Satan and God. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Williamson (jeremiahwadewilliamson) | 2 comments I cannot remember a huge amount about this series, as I would fairly young when I read it, but I remember it being one of the most interesting series I'd ever read...and would love to read again.

I don't remember the main character's "real" name. He died at the beginning of the series and met the previous Death, who basically convinced him to take over the job. Afterwards, he learns what his job entails and meets the avatars of War, Time, a couple that I cannot remember, then Satan and God, all of whom were actually mortal at one time who had taken over those "jobs" at some point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't remember the series or individual book titles...or even the author. I'll try to remember more and update this if/when I do.

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 859 comments The series is Incarnations of Immortality. I think the man in the first book actually killed Death, and had to take over by default.

stormhawk | 184 comments Agree with Sue and auerelan. this is the incarnations of immortality by Piers Anthony.

message 5: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Williamson (jeremiahwadewilliamson) | 2 comments Yes! I can't believe I couldn't remember this was a Piers Anthony series! Thank you all so much!

message 6: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Jeremiah wrote: "Yes! I can't believe I couldn't remember this was a Piers Anthony series! Thank you all so much!"

You're welcome! Glad we could help you find it again.