What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Change of Heart (Edilean, #9)
This topic is about Change of Heart
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Heroine's geeky son was penfriends with hero [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by HEAjunkie (new)

HEAjunkie | 8 comments This romance has a geeky child who becomes friends with the withdrawn and also geeky rich H. The h doesn't know about this - she comes to nurse the H in a parallel plot. They are in a secluded cabin where the H's friend comes to drop off some documents - they go fishing together where H is possessive about h. They share a night and then have a fallout - h leaves. She gets pregnant - at the end H comes calling on a horse. It sounds bad in a bare-bone structure but it was a very sweet story.

Not a historical, not newly published. Any ideas?

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jun 17, 2018 10:14AM) (new)

Kris | 36610 comments Mod
HEAjunkie, can you tell us more about the main characters - their jobs/skills, how does the couple meet, love/have at first sight, etc.?

How did the heroine's son become penpals (via email?) with the hero? In what way is her son geeky?

What's the location - country, region?

Around what year did you read this book?

message 3: by HEAjunkie (new)

HEAjunkie | 8 comments Kris wrote: "HEAjunkie, can you tell us more about the main characters - their jobs/skills, how does the couple meet, love/have at first sight, etc.?

How did the heroine's son become penpals (via email?) with ..."

Thank you so much for reading and responding, Kris!

The guy had his own business and was a scientist/techie - that was how he got to know the heroine's son. I think the kid had applied for some program he had sponsored and they exchanged emails and they ended up being great friends despite their age difference.

The son was geeky because he was extremely intelligent and had a scientific bent of mind. He kept exchanging notes about computers with the hero. He had a best friend who was a girl - Melanie or Melissa - her name was. Towards the latter part of the book, they hatch the plan to get the two together. The kid got to realise it was his mom who had gone to nurse his mentor, even though neither the mentor nor the mom knew.

The heroine was a nurse and full time mom who was ditched by her two-timing husband. She was struggling to make ends meet. She was a great cook - she was a very maternal kind of person - the kind who keep cooking and feeding people LOL! She didn't inform the hero when she got pregnant out of some misjudged sense of duty.

The setting of the book is (vaguely) the US. I read it maybe a year back? I seem to remember everything about the book except any names! I even remember which area of the page my best dialogues were located. This is so frustrating!

Thanks again for trying to help. Much appreciated!

message 4: by Juels (last edited Jun 22, 2018 08:29AM) (new)

Juels | 2567 comments I belive you're looking for the short story Change of Heart by Jude Deveraux. It can be found in 2 different anthologies: Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Heart / Double Exposure and A Holiday Of Love : Miracles / Change of Heart / Daniel and the Angel / Hark! The Herald. This author has written MANY books related to the Taggart/Montgomery family. This is Frank's (and Miranda's) story.

There is a follow-up story for the son and his friend (Eli and Chelsea) with the same title, Change of Heart.

message 5: by HEAjunkie (new)

HEAjunkie | 8 comments Juels wrote: "I belive you're looking for the short story Change of Heart by Jude Deveraux. It can be found in 2 different anthologies: [book:Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Hear..."

YES!!!!! It was Eli and Chelsea!!! You are a genius!! Thank you soooo much, you just made my entire weekend!!!! :)))))))))

message 6: by HEAjunkie (new)

HEAjunkie | 8 comments Juels wrote: "I belive you're looking for the short story Change of Heart by Jude Deveraux. It can be found in 2 different anthologies: [book:Simple Gifts: Just Curious / Miracles / Change of Hear..."

And I didn't know Eli and Chelsea had a follow-up story. :))) Oooooh! Double happiness! Thanks again!

message 7: by HEAjunkie (new)

HEAjunkie | 8 comments This question is now SOLVED but I don't know how to change the status... can somebody help me, please? Should I be doing that or would the moderators?

message 8: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2567 comments You're welcome. If you liked this story, you should check out her other Taggart/Montgomery novels.

message 9: by HEAjunkie (new)

HEAjunkie | 8 comments Juels wrote: "You're welcome. If you liked this story, you should check out her other Taggart/Montgomery novels."

I am already doing that. :D Thanks though!