Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Edit the number of a Book in a Series

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.R. (new)

S.R. Grey (sr_grey) | 38 comments I am trying to edit the Boys of Winter series book number from 5.5 to 6 for Vows on Ice. I think I did that, but I now need it to be listed as book #6 in the Boys of Winter series home page and list, as seen here: https://www.goodreads.com/series/194747

And here is Vows on Ice that should now be book #6 (no longer 5.5).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thanks!

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23463 comments Done.

message 3: by S.R. (new)

S.R. Grey (sr_grey) | 38 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Done."

Thank you!

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45508 comments Mod
As Vows on Ice is clearly labelled as a novella, #5.5 is the correct number. Edits reverted.

message 5: by S.R. (new)

S.R. Grey (sr_grey) | 38 comments Please change this back! It is now a novel!

message 6: by S.R. (new)

S.R. Grey (sr_grey) | 38 comments @rivka it is now a novel that is why I changed it!

message 7: by S.R. (last edited Jun 19, 2018 08:32AM) (new)

S.R. Grey (sr_grey) | 38 comments rivka wrote: "As Vows on Ice is clearly labelled as a novella, #5.5 is the correct number. Edits reverted."

Wrong! Its now a short novel and why i asked for it to be changed in the series order listing.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

How many pages will it be?

message 9: by S.R. (last edited Jun 19, 2018 08:26AM) (new)

S.R. Grey (sr_grey) | 38 comments rivka wrote: "How many pages will it be?"

Well I'm still working on it but it's at 160 atm.

I foresee at least another 20 pages on that.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

S.R. wrote: "Its now a short novel"

At the time of your initial request you had not changed the book's description, nor mentioned the change in length when you made the request. So there was no way to know that. I see the book description has now been changed.

Also, please note that Amazon and Goodreads have different policies about series numbering. So the numbering on Amazon is often not relevant to the numbering on Goodreads.

And in this group, duplicate threads making the same request are generally deleted. It's confusing to have the same request more than once.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25107 comments Maybe the book should actually be finished before the status is changed?