Some Kind of Book Club discussion

General > Getting to Know You!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Buckley (rachelbuckley3) | 28 comments Mod
Hey everyone! My name is Rachel, and I'm the one who made this group. Since people are starting to join, I figured we'd get to know each other!

A little about me:
I'm currently a college student, so I'm balancing work, school, and reading. When I'm not doing that, I love to hike, bake, and spend time with friends and family. Family is so important to me now, especially since I go to school in a different state. My favorite genres to read are YA, horror, and contemporary, and some of my favorite authors are Stephen King, Adam Silvera, and Joe Hill 😊

message 2: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) Hey, my name is Sanah and I am going into my senior year of high school. Between school and college applications, I love to read, binge Netflix, and hang out with my friends/family. I love to read YA, contemporary, and fantasy. I love Cassandra Clare, Rick Riordan, and Renee Ahdieh.

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodyjotes) | 6 comments Hi. I'm Jody and I'm old. So very old. I remember when Nirvana was around. I'm actually a writer. I'm also a licensed therapist but I mostly do writing. I have a seven year old, two dog and a husband. My favorite genres are magical realism and contemporary fantasy but anything with a good character will draw me in. I would say my favorite current author is Holly Black.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy  (amy24) | 2 comments Hi, I am Amy. I am a college student. I am from India. Books are my best friends. I love my books and my daily cup of coffee. There aren't any people around me who a share my love for books. So looking forward to having great discussions and making great friends who share my love for books.

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo (jojodamay) Hello, I’m Alaina and I am technically in Junior High. I feel really young in this group but I will still try it out. Other than reading, I love writing, daydreaming, traveling and watching Netflix.

message 6: by Anouk (new)

Anouk Hello there,

I’m Anouk. I’m 20 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I was studying applied physics, but had to stop due to health problems. Since I’m stuck at home a lot, I rarely meet new people. Joining an online book club seemed a nice way of getting in touch with new people. I love reading and I love books in general. I’m currently into books from the 19th century. I’m really bad in recognizing in which genre a book belongs so I find it difficult to say what genres I like the best. But I hope I can learn more about the difference between genres here.

message 7: by Den (new)

Den (alleise012) Hi, everyone.

I'm Dhen. I'm 22 years old and I'm from the Philippines.
I'm always reading something or else I get antsy (anyone else like that?). I like to read books from across genres, but I like tear-jerkers and mystery-thrillers best.

I hope we all have a great book club discussion. :)

message 8: by — Massiel (new)

— Massiel (rollitosdecanela) Hi!

I'm Massiel, my real name is not Circe -I just love names- that is why I change for time to time my name but I prefer Circe here or any further futures name I get, anyways, I'm 21 years old and I'm from Dominican Republic.
I love reading -dah-, indie music -Death Cab for Cutie, Oh Wonder, Bon Iver, etc.- also I like Asian dramas -Koreans, Japaneses, Taiwanese, etc.-

You can all add me I'll accept you all and I hope we can get to know each other and buddy read a lot of books!

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livilulu26) | 1 comments Hiya there, Peeps 👋 My name is Olivia, I'm 15, in year 10, and I love to listen to music. If anyone is looking for some new music, I would recommend Paramore (I'm obsessed), Halfnoise, Alt-J, Bleachers, The Strokes and Tom Odell.
I like cooking, animals and art (sometimes). I have a bad habit of leaving drawings half finished because I get bored. Today was my last day of school before the holidays which is great!

Oh and I'm also from Sydney, Australia. Hope everyone has a great day!

message 10: by Booklifeforlife (new)

Booklifeforlife (Brianna) | 1 comments Hi! I’m late lol I’m Brianna from NY and I’m a 26 yr old stay at home mom of 2 youngins lol who does nothing but read lol no time for anything else haha glad to be able to participate here!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! Im Brooke from Illinois and I'm 14. I'm the oldest do five and love in my mind rather the world.