Sci-Fi Group Book Club discussion

Reading Suggestions > Trying to Remember Trilogy Series...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bryant (new)

Bryant (bhudson1972) When I was in middle school, I recall reading a trilogy (I believe) about Martians invading Earth and taking prisoners back to Mars. I'm thinking it was mainly about a boy that was a slave and had to wash his Martian "owner" along with other tasks or something. I've never been able to figure out what it was that I read. It would have been back in the early 80's though no idea when the books were published. I think it was a trilogy. It may have been terrible compared to what I read now, but it seemed good at the time. Anyone have any idea?
Thanks!

message 2: by Gav451 (new)

Gav451 | 14 comments For a second I thought it was the Tripods but clearly they did not go to Mars

message 3: by Greg, Muad'Dib (new)

Greg | 812 comments Mod
I've found some Listopia lists that may be helpful, though when I searched through them for 'Mars' or 'Martian' in the title, I didn't find anything (excluding, of course, the list re: Mars/Martians). Perhaps you remember the covers of the books concerned? I've assumed that the books were aimed at middle grade but could they have been YA?

Best Intro to Sci-Fi for Young Readers. There are currently 699 books in this list.

Best Middle Grade Fiction (currently 124 books)

Middle-Grade Dystopias (currently 85 books)

The Out-of-Print/Backlist Challenge (currently 385 books)

If it was indeed a trilogy you read, maybe it's listed here:

Best Series: Trilogies (currently 298 books)

And this is a small list (currently 51 books) but might have what you're looking for:

Mars and Martians

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Niedzwiecki | 16 comments Bryant wrote: "When I was in middle school, I recall reading a trilogy (I believe) about Martians invading Earth and taking prisoners back to Mars. I'm thinking it was mainly about a boy that was a slave and had ..."

It was definitely The Tripods Trilogy by John Christopher - he has to wash his 'owner' and he is a slave. Very re-readable! (o: