Art Lovers discussion

Guess Who (by artist bio) > Who is this? Camille Claudel

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jun 13, 2018 04:42PM) (new)

Heather | 8536 comments "Drawn intuitively to the innocence of children, the experience of old age, and the complexities of love and madness, _______ exhibited great skill in the portrayal of raw and real emotions.

Every work by ____ is infused with an intensity of expression, psychological investment, and sense of truth that is arguably lacking in the work of... contemporaries.

______ attempted to understand moods and behaviours that were triggered by human interaction. Like Edvard Munch, ___ worked repeatedly on the same subjects illustrating a tendency towards obsession.

______ experienced ongoing torment in both ___ personal and professional life - due to being at best sidelined and at worst completely betrayed - and this writhing agitation was often made visible in ___ work.

(view spoiler)

Who am I?

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Otto Dix? Gaugin?

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments Geoffrey wrote: "Otto Dix? Gaugin?"

Good guesses. One clue...Female

message 4: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Mary Cassatt?

message 5: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Diane Arbus?

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments DOB: 8 December 1864

DEATH 19 October 1943

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments You're on a roll, Geoffrey!

message 8: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments Dora Maar? She had several nervous breakdowns. Or could be the woman sculptor from France whose work you`ve posted before. The lover to another sculptor whose work was also incredible. Rodin was her lover, no? For the life of me I can`t recall her name but someone made a movie about her life.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments I’ll give you that one, Geoffrey.

Camille Claudel. Yes, Rodin’s mistress, model and student. Good job and way to be persistent!

Of course, I always post about her, she’s my favorite!

message 10: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Aronson (geaaronson) | 930 comments That she was your favorite was the best clue. Sorry couldn`t remember her name. Check out the film about her. Stupendous.

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather | 8536 comments I’ve heard! I want to see it and I’m surprised at myself that I haven’t yet!