Support for Indie Authors discussion

Ebook Publishing > Putting Your Book on Subscription Services

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 787 comments Mods feel free to move this to the appropriate thread if this isn't the spot.

I came across an article on BookBaby that suggests that you should put your book on subscription services like Hoopla and Scribd but can you actually do this if your books are enrolled in KDP or Unlimited or whatever program it is that Amazon doesn't allow you to publish elsewhere?

Also, are using subscription services ideal? Sure the article says but what do others think? The way people download books is changing and this seems like a way in which it's doing so.

message 2: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Walker (jetplague) | 33 comments I think you can if you don't use the same ISBN number. I was wondering about subscription as well...but you'd have to be constantly pumping out enough to keep those paying customers happy about it.
They use to do one a long time ago for chapter by chapter service....but I think it kinda got old real fast. I hardly see any of that still. But I could be wrong, it might be that many writers just chosose not to do it that way and publish the novel as a whole.