Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Virginian: A Horseman of the Plains
This topic is about The Virginian
Page Numbering Requests > incorrect page number

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 132 comments I own the Penguin Classics edition of this book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
ISBN: 9780140390650

The page number in Goodreads is currently 512, but it should be 369.

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5879 comments Hi Amanda I couldn't find this title on World Cat, but found on the publisher's website. They have it at 416 pages. Can you tell me what (if anything) is after 369 pages on your copy?

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 132 comments Hi, Carol! In my Penguin Classics edition (cover image is the painting The Deputy Sheriff by Frank Tenney Johnson, blue night sky and a lone rider), there is nothing beyond page 369. The novel's text ends on p. 323, and the rest is notes/appendices.

message 4: by Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:36PM) (new)

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5879 comments Amanda wrote: "Hi, Carol! In my Penguin Classics edition (cover image is the painting The Deputy Sheriff by Frank Tenney Johnson, blue night sky and a lone rider), there is nothing beyond page 369. The novel's te..."

Working on it...

OK, changed to reader's copy in hand. Just a tip - the copy you have pictured up the top didn't match this ISBN. That might explain why it took so long for someone to answer this request since page numbering ones are usually done quite quickly. :)

Amanda G. Stevens (amandagstevens) | 132 comments Carol ꧁꧂ wrote: "Amanda wrote:...."

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry about that. I think it auto-filled that edition when I put in the title to create the thread, and I didn't figure out how to change it. Thank you for making the correction!

Christmas Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5879 comments Amanda wrote: "

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry about that. I think it auto-filled that edition when I put in the title to create the thread, and I didn't figure out how to change ..."

No problem!:)