I Read Comic Books discussion

16 views
What makes a good comic-reading environment?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 642 comments Mod
This is something we talk about on the show every so often, but I'm curious to know what you all consider a good comic book reading environment?

Reading outside? On your couch? Inside during a rainstorm? Laying on your bear-skin rug in front of a fire with a healthy glass of red wine?

Mine is definitely on a couch, with some light instrumental music playing pretty much any time during the day or night. :D


message 2: by kaitlphere (new)

kaitlphere | 237 comments Mod
All of your examples in the second paragraph sound perfect to me!

I LOVE reading outside on the patio, but between rain, wind, and cold, that doesn't happen much. I'm usually in my armchair, tea within arms reach. I tend to get so invested in what I'm reading that I don't notice music, unless it's very jarring or something speech-based comes on (like an ad), so I don't usually bother putting music on. I do love reading when it's raining, though. The soothing pattern of rain is hypnotic to me and helps me get into whatever I am focusing on.


message 3: by Francis (new)

Francis | 134 comments My all time favourite place is walking along a bridal path through the woods in the town I grew up in. It was perfect location to walk and read at the same time, no cars very few other people and you can always hear horses coming in plenty of time to get out the way.

Now that I live where I do, it's on the couch with a cup of tea.


message 4: by Chad (new)

Chad | 830 comments On the back deck or floating in the pool is where you can typically find me on summer days.

And then every night in a recliner while listening to my R.E.M. channel on Pandora after my wife heads to bed.


message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments I love reading in public places.
I will ususally read at a Coffee Shop, on the Train, at the Library, Barnes & Noble, in a lobby etc. I think those are some of my favorite places.
I usually listen to movie Soundtracks, as they usually provide the correct atmosphere and some even align with the books I am reading.
I like to read outside but its too damn Hot in Texas most of the year lol. The couch or in bed is where most of the reading gets done while I am at home.


message 6: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 642 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "I love reading in public places.
I will ususally read at a Coffee Shop, on the Train, at the Library, Barnes & Noble, in a lobby etc. I think those are some of my favorite places.
I usually liste..."


Got a particular movie soundtrack you like to listen to?


message 7: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 642 comments Mod
Chad wrote: "On the back deck or floating in the pool is where you can typically find me on summer days.

And then every night in a recliner while listening to my R.E.M. channel on Pandora after my wife heads t..."


YOU READ COMIC IN THE POOL!??!?!?!


message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 265 comments Mike wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I love reading in public places.
I will ususally read at a Coffee Shop, on the Train, at the Library, Barnes & Noble, in a lobby etc. I think those are some of my favorite places.
..."


yeah I got a few, that i put on a playlist
The Dark Knight Soundtrack
Inception Soundtrack
Batman V Superman Soundtrack ( I really like Hans Zimmer)
Mad Max Fury Road Soundtrack
Wonder Woman Sountrack
Best of John Williams Album
BladeRunner 2099
Game Of Thrones (Latest Season)
Westworld Soundtrack

I like a score that will drown out the sound of anything else.
and alot of these are already comic related so it fits


message 9: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (last edited Jun 12, 2018 02:48PM) (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 642 comments Mod
Daniel wrote: "Mike wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I love reading in public places.
I will ususally read at a Coffee Shop, on the Train, at the Library, Barnes & Noble, in a lobby etc. I think those are some of my favor..."


If you've got a Spotify playlist, share it!


message 10: by Daniel (last edited Jun 12, 2018 02:50PM) (new)

Daniel | 265 comments Mike wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Mike wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I love reading in public places.
I will ususally read at a Coffee Shop, on the Train, at the Library, Barnes & Noble, in a lobby etc. I think those are s..."


Its on Apple Music
https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/...


back to top