Hᴇᴀᴠᴇɴʟʏ Wᴀʀ {ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ} discussion

Mods > Mod Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Ello!

message 2: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Hey!

Sorry, I took a shower. ^_^ And all that hot water must've gotten my brain moving, because I already have the beginnings of a character...

So... where do we start?

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Oh, it's okay. Um...I'd like to work on some informational topics, myself...if you could start on maybe folders and general topics that would be great?

message 4: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Yup, I can do that!

message 5: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Could you add me as a mod? I don't think non-mods can add folders...

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Oh oops! I thought I did that already.

message 7: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Haha, it's ok. :)

message 8: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) My wifi is being super spotty for some reason, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll be on tonight. I'm subject to our router's whims, so if it decides to stop completely... Yeah. But I promise I'll get the general topics done by tomorrow night. I made some folders already though.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Ok, thanks! :) I'll reply to our rp soon, by the way. I'm just working on this group and characters right now.

message 10: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Ok, so I got the general topics done. If there's one I missed, let me know, I'll add it.

I also started making some character creation topics. I can make up a general outline with what info I think needs to be included, and then you can edit it if you want? Or if you already know exactly what info you want included, I can just edit your outline in.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments I don't already have a finished outline, so you doing a generic one for me to edit would be better?

message 12: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Yep, sure! Do you want me to post it here first or just straight in one of the character threads for you to check? Also, how generic? Like, just info generic, or advanced RP generic?

message 13: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Ermahgerd Castiel gif in the species topic ^_^

message 14: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) If you'd like me to, I can also start working on something for history/background?

message 15: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Name
Nickname

Species
Rank

Age (human years and angel/demon years)
DOB (?)
Zodiac (?)

Relationship Status

Appearance (link and description)
-Eyes
-Hair
-Height
-Weight
-Build

Personality

Strengths
Weaknesses

History

Family/Relations

Other

That's the roughest of the rough. I can add the unformatted <.b> stuff later. Is there anything I should add/take out? I wasn't sure how detailed to make it. And I can transfer that same info into some sort of semblance of a more advanced template if need be.

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Andra wrote: "Ermahgerd Castiel gif in the species topic ^_^"

lol yass cas bby

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Andra wrote: "If you'd like me to, I can also start working on something for history/background?"

That would be great! I'm still working on the informational stuff and I'm going to start on a name and reservation pages soon

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments And for the format, here's how I'd do it?

Name: (Your character's true name, the name that they were born with.)
Nickname:
Alias: (If your character is going by a name other than their true name or birth name, put that here. Otherwise, delete this section.)

Species:
Rank: (If applicable. May be exchanged with social status [humans only].)

Powers: (Applies to Demons, Angels and fallen angels only. Check out the species topic to look at what your character's powers might be. Also discuss with the person making your character's partner or previous partner, as their abilities should be evenly matched, and sometimes opposites.)

Apparent Age: (how old do they look, to humans?)
True Age: (Angel/Demon years)
Birthdate: (Month/Day/[Year?])
Zodiac: (Optional)

Relationship Status:

Appearance: (image and description, no drawings/anime)
<.img src="linkgoeshere"/.>
Eyes:
Hair:
Height:
Weight:
Build:

Personality: (At least 2 solid paragraphs please)

Strengths: (Stay within a reasonable number. Don't include your character's possibly various powers in this section.)

Weaknesses: (Should be equal in number to strengths)

Dislikes:

History: (Again, at least two solid paragraphs is good.)

Family/Relations: (List any people important to your character here. It should include family, if they have one, their partner, if they have one, and any friends or enemies they have.)

Other: (Optional. Delete this section if you don't use it.)

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments That's still up for editing though.

message 20: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Lol that one looks a lot nicer than mine. I really don't see anything wrong. Except I know that some people prefer to use anime? Maybe we could state that if you would like to use anime/a drawing, they have to look realistic or you have to find a real person who looks sort of like them? (I actually found a drawing of an angel that I know I'd like to use, but I've also found a person whose face resembles the drawing...)

Yeah, I'm starting the history now. :)

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments ok, yeah, we can add that. It just annoys me when, like, on the character sheet you get characters like this:

next to like models and stuff?
But yeah if you have, like a face claim and a drawing that's fine! Oh and I forgot to add wing description!

message 22: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Yeah, I totally get that. But I do know some people who prefer anime...

I'll add in wing description :) Does that go for demons too? (...Do demons have wings?...)

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Put it in for both for now, and I'll decide when I finish the species stuff ? Should we add nephilim or just keep it as it is?

message 24: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Nephilim, as in half angel, half human? If we have all the others, I say why not? Except that they don't really fit the plot, since they can't be part of the pairs since they're only half angel. Maybe they were outlawed a while ago, but there are a few humans still with angel blood, and you have to ask permission to make one of these, as there are only 5 or 8 or something? What type of powers would nephilim have? I'm just trying to see if there's a way that makes sense to include them in the plot, or if it would be easier to just not have them.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Well technically nephilim can be half angel half human or half demon half human , but I'd say yeah, they used to be a thing but were outlawed? So there's only a few of them, like you said. And I was thinking their powers would be more like enhancements? So they would be naturally really strong, fast, smart, etc...

message 26: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) That sounds good. Yeah, I guess we can add them then, but you have to request one since they're rare?
I like the powers, that sounds fair. And the further down they are generation wise, the less apparent their enhancements are?

message 27: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) I'm working on the history; is there a specific name we want to give the pact or the pairs?

message 28: by corina (last edited Aug 03, 2014 12:07PM) (new)

corina (molteneyes) So I wrote up the history - is there anything you'd like me to add/change/etc?

I also added a little thing about the rules of the Pact - I really wasn't sure about that, so if you'd like me to change it or just flat out delete it, that's cool.

message 29: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) I added the approved characters topic, would you like me to change organization on that in any way?

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments The background and history looks amazing :o good job! My only thing is to maybe not have the entire description in italics, just a few sentences or words?

message 31: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Thanks ^_^
I fixed up the italics on that.

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Thanks :) Do you have any ideas for a group photo and/or masthead?

message 33: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) I can look for some pictures of angels/demons/something idek and link them to you?

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments those are pretty XD
idk either that's the problem

message 36: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) the first one might work for the group photo since it's yin/yang looking?

and omg this is so pretty but it's not exactly heaven/hell
http://images.fineartamerica.com/imag...

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments They're both really nice...I prefer the first one for the group photo but we can probably squeeze that one in somewhere XD

message 38: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) no that's fine I just happened upon the second yin/yang one and thought it was pretty so I wanted to share the beauty ;)

I do agree that the first one works better as the group photo

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Hey :)
This is a really weird, me being picky thing, but is it okay if I repost the thing on the character creation topic? I'd prefer to have the format with proper html, and then the periods and stuff at the bottom...

message 40: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Umm, sure? I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but yeah, go ahead. It is mainly your group after all.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments well the help is greatly appreciated XD
I'm almost done with the angel section of the species list :)

message 42: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Okie dokie.

Do you want me to delete my initial comment for all the creation topics then?

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Yes please :)
Could you make Nephilim creation topics as well, by the way? No need to post much of a comment, just like a word or something and I'll delete it. :)

message 44: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Actually, I think it might delete the whole topic if I delete my comment. Maybe my comment could have just the blurb about approval and stuff and then your comment could have the template?

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments You won't delete the topic :)

message 46: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Ok.

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma | 73 comments Oh, and should we add our own claims to the name and face claim list?
And as soon as I post the angel/demon claim topic you can decide if you want any of those.

message 48: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Okie dokie.

message 49: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Oh, I put the group photo and the header; are they ok?

message 50: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) Btw, you have Fallen Angels and Demons twice on the species topic...

« previous 1

Hᴇᴀᴠᴇɴʟʏ Wᴀʀ {ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ}

unread topics | mark unread